Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » President Trump said that he's not disturbed by North Korea's recent missile tests.

President Trump said that he's not disturbed by North Korea's recent missile tests.

Do you agree with him or with Republican senator Joni Ernst, who said that she "wouldn't trust Kim Jong Un" and "I think Japan does have reason to be concerned, and I am concerned as well. We need to see North Korea back off of those activities, and we need to take a very strong stance on that."

And while we're on the subject of Trump, here's a chance for us to discuss a real, substantive issue instead of the usual tired, inane hyperbole about what a deranged, dictatorial, about-to-be-impeached, Hitler-Mussolini-Stalin-rolled-into-one monster the guy is (I trust that I covered the most hackneyed and popular adjectives).

Posted - May 26, 2019

Responses

I don't trust Kim either.  I can't see him giving up his nuclear program for us or anyone else.  I believe he's playing Trump and by Trump meeting with him twice and fawning all over Kim, he's giving Kim a place on the world stage which just about every other president and international leader refuses to do.  I'm not sure why Trump is so taken with Kim and Putin other than envy that they can do whatever they want in their countries and no one will say boo.  Not only should Japan be concerned, South Korea should sit up and take notice as well.  
      May 26, 2019 10:27 PM MDT

He is always wrong.  

For starters he is disturbed.  

Mentally.  
      May 26, 2019 11:34 PM MDT

Kim, Trump, or both? And can you present us with something substantive or is this your same (very) old hysteria?
      May 26, 2019 11:53 PM MDT

I agree with both.

I agree that Trump is not disturbed by the tests. Doesn’t concern me much either. 
    (On a related note, let’s think about the international outrage when the US was incinerating atolls with nuke tests in the South Pacific.)

I also agree that, all things considered, Japan has reason for concern. Kim cannot be trusted, except for one point: I trust that he will never willingly denuclearize, no matter what “We need to see...”. 
    The genie is out of the bottle, and it makes the little despot relevant on the world stage. 
      May 27, 2019 5:43 AM MDT