Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » IF Russia, China, North Korea and Iran are all allies who is allied with the US besides Israel? Where does Saudi Arabia stand?

IF Russia, China, North Korea and Iran are all allies who is allied with the US besides Israel? Where does Saudi Arabia stand?

Which will strike the first blow? D'ya know or surmise or opine or think or believe or suppose?

Posted - June 18, 2019

Responses

Rosie this is too simplified.  Of the 4 you mentioned they are not allies per se, they are friends of convenience.  I would read the Ancient Art of War and study a bit and the mud still will not become clear

NK does not have any real friends.  China uses them as a Cats Paw to keep South Korea and Japan off balance. The PRC does supply them with some basic supplies however in a shooting conflict I doubt the PRC would step in until the hydro plants on the Northern Border were threatened.

Russia is befriending NK to keep the US off balance.

China will supply arms to Iran to keep the Western Powers off balance.  Now Iran in exchange for bootleg oil is supplying NK with oil.  It also doing this to sy F-you to the US.

Russia lost its grip and influence in the Mideast right after the fall of the wall, say 90 to 93.  They had a skeleton base in Syria although the Black Sea Fleet was a shadow of its former self and did not use same.  Then we had the Crimea situation, conflict in the Donetsk Region and the seizure of Ukrainian Territory.  Obama took his eye off the Ball and the Russian Reestablished the base in Syria and started extending its' influence in the Region again.

Iran and the Mullahs want control of Mecca and Medna in Saudi.  They also want Persian influence back in the Region; aka also known as lets go back to 1458 and before the fall of the  Persian Caliphate.  Note the fall of this caliphate also allowed the reconquest of Spain for the Catholic Church.

Saudi and the house of Faud will stand with anyone who will help them protect their control of Mecca and Medina.  It is now a game of pawns between Shia (Iran) and Sunni (Saudi).  China and Russia will help whomever destabilizes the West and/or puts up barricades to their Imperial Ambitions.

Stop looking at the situation through Western Eyes and start thinking we are back in the centuries old Big Game of Imperial Powers.  The nobility in the West is Multi Nationals, Russia it is the Oligarchs, China the Politburo and Xi Pen, NK the KIm's and the list goes on.
      June 18, 2019 6:22 AM MDT

I remind you I said IF. Setting that aside m'dear this reply is AWESOMELY helpful. and impressively informative! KUDOS!  You ask the impossible of me though. "Stop looking at the situation through Western Eyes". That is not in my tool kit. I wish it were but I am stuck where I am looking with the only eyes I have. Your knowledge way outclasses mine so with knowledge comes expanded ability capacity capability. I grant you that. Here's a question for you. Why does the extremely stable genius sb prez and all his supporters NOT REALIZE any of this? They think they are holding the reins when in fact the reins were never in their reach. At what point do they realize we are being played by every major power? We are not a player.  We are only the lowest weakest piece on the chess board. A pawn! Thank you for this mighty fine reply Archerchef. I wish every Answermug member would read it! It is very fine analysis for which I thank you tons. Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 19, 2019 6:45 AM MDT

Da Prez has not really lost his grip, he is chasing too many targets at once.  Similar to me throwing multiple balls fro each Labrador.  I do not like the guy, however he has managed to begin to box China in.  In the Mideast Russian casualties are mounting and Iran is starting to feel the heat from the disenfranchised. 

In short he has finally chosen a horse and seems to understand the realities of tribal politics. The Mideast and Asia are not a Whitbread suburb, for that matter nor is Africa.  The talking heads and NYC intellectuals driving the criticism are from the Ivy Elite schools.  They also have undo influence in the State Department.  I have seen and heard more BS from this crew in my career.  Most recently was in Aman while I was having dinner with coworkers.  

I have spent close to 30 years working that portion of the world as well as Asia Pacific to start my career.  So I tend to get a bit short with those that only depend on CNN and the NY Times for information.  Neither outlet is what they once were and both have become super partisan. 
      June 19, 2019 12:53 PM MDT