Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Do you remember when you were a kid and you’d go to that restaurant at Woolco store, and the sandwiches had swords in them?

Do you remember when you were a kid and you’d go to that restaurant at Woolco store, and the sandwiches had swords in them?

So you wouldn’t eat the sandwich, Cos you were too busy pretending you were a pirate? I do. 

Posted - June 28, 2019

Responses

• I never ate there but once in a while I'd get lucky and get a sword in my sandwich. That was the best day for Barbie, too, because it meant Ken was gonna get slashed. 
      June 28, 2019 8:27 PM MDT

• Lol :) I never thought to slash Ken, smart. All my barbies ended up being Kens anyway Cos I’d always cut their hair off. 
      June 28, 2019 8:36 PM MDT

• Yeah, I had like ten Barbies and only one Ken so there was a lot of lesbianism and polygamy going on. Ken was always in trouble.
      June 28, 2019 8:41 PM MDT

• Lol same same :)
      June 28, 2019 8:48 PM MDT

• Is Woolco like Woolworths?
      June 28, 2019 8:45 PM MDT

• I think maybe, it was a store that had brown and white stripes in the floor and those mechanical rides at the front. It closed down when I was really young but I used to go there with my grandma all the time. It was my favourite :)
      June 28, 2019 8:50 PM MDT

• Monetized to take me to Woolworths and I would look at the pet hamsters and other cage pets.  Then buy me a grilled cheese the lunch counter. I think I said this several times though.
      June 29, 2019 9:11 PM MDT

Yes.  I'm assuming Woolco is a five and dime store like Woolworth here.  We got to sit at the counter and watch them make our sandwich and make our cherry cokes.  We always took the little swords home with us but never remember finding any use for them.  Same for umbrellas in drinks.  We would also get to have a piece of pie.  It is a nice childhood memory for me.
      June 28, 2019 10:07 PM MDT

• I looked it up after muffin man asked me about it. Yes, Woolworth  was parent company to woolco. Woolco was the Canadian name. 

Same, going there and sitting at the counter for lunch is a good childhood memory for me too. :) 

June 28, 2019 10:17 PM MDT

No.
      June 28, 2019 10:56 PM MDT

• Oh. 
      June 29, 2019 9:07 AM MDT

Accessorizing gives me an orgasm.

No cereal spoon is complete without a Nabisco Spoon Man

See the source image This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 29, 2019 9:07 AM MDT
      June 29, 2019 1:51 AM MDT

• I’ve never seen those before, I want one. 
      June 29, 2019 9:07 AM MDT