Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I must not have heard it right. If Biden is AGAINST segregation how can he also be against integration?

I must not have heard it right. If Biden is AGAINST segregation how can he also be against integration?

What is he actually for and against? He was against busing if it was ordered by a School District but for it otherwise? Who else would order it? What did I get wrong? Do you know and if so wouldja care to share?

Posted - July 6, 2019

Responses

• Those of us who were paying attention and actually listening, know what old Joe was talking about. You have to take into consideration that he's an old fossil that's been firmly ensconced on Capitol Hill forever. He was referring to the necessity at times of establishing of a consensus or a Bipartisan compromise to accomplish anything of note. (I call it a lack of courage and principle, but that's another bucket of worms for later) Give and take across the aisle, was and is, easier when labels like Dems and GOP, Conservative and Liberal, don't have the same importance to law makers as they do to the constituents back home. In today's political fights, there's more of an attitude of I demand it, you'll deliver it, or I'll destroy you, than there was decades ago. Biden's problem is that his career in politics has been longer than many people have been alive and he has a lot of history to drag around behind him. 
      July 6, 2019 8:14 AM MDT