Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A distinguished career diplomat resigns. He told the truth about a jacka** . The sb teleprompter prez wins. When will he LOSE HIS JOB?

A distinguished career diplomat resigns. He told the truth about a jacka** . The sb teleprompter prez wins. When will he LOSE HIS JOB?

How come nothing ever happens to him, the jackas** man? Anyone know?

Posted - July 10, 2019

Responses

He already did.    OF COURSE
    Oh you mean TRUMP?  
    I STILL THINK HIS TIME IS GONNA COME.

Lyin' cheatin' hurtin that's all you seem to do
    Messin' around with every CROOK in town
    Puttin' me down for thinkin' of someone new
    Always the same playin' your game
    Drive me insane trouble is gonna come to you
    One of these days and it won't be long
    You'll look for me but baby I'll be gone
    This is all I gotta say to you TRUMPIE,

Your time is gonna come
    Your time is gonna come
    Your time is gonna come
    Your time is gonna come

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 11, 2019 3:07 AM MDT
      July 10, 2019 10:44 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Sharon.
      July 11, 2019 3:07 AM MDT

Well, don't you have a Presidential Election again next year? Chance to boot him out, but presumably that depends on the calibre of those standing against him, and whether he still has all that support he had in the former industrial States.

I don't know anything about Hilary Clinton, but I have the impression many Americans saw her or Trump as a least-worse choice or purely Party loyalty to many Americans at the time, when now you do need a best-of-good choice as well as sincere Party opinion.

Mentioned in a brief summary of the day's Press on the radio this morning, one newspaper - I didn't catch which - remarked that Trump has little respect for foreign diplomats generally. (Unless, I suppose, they publicly support him, when their real responsibility is to tell their own governments honestly, what the host government is like.)

I think the last straw or at least one of them, for the UK's Ambassador was Boris Johnson's lack of any support for him. I know Donald Trump regards Johnson warmly, but I hope that was not in Johnson's mind. After a series of internal voting rounds for a new Leader caused by Theresa May resigning as Prime Minister, Johnson is now finalist against Jeremy Hunt for election to Leadership of the Conservative Party. Since that is the current Party of Government the winner of that internal election will also be Prime Minister. 

'

[Under the British system, all serving Members of Parliament (MPs) irrespective of of any Ministerial role they hold, are Constituency MPs, elected as such in the General Elections. The Party Leader though, hence Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition, is elected by the party members.

We don't vote for the Prime Minister in the way many countries vote for their Presidents; and he or she is still the MP for his or her Constituency - one of over 600, divided into Local-governmental areas with separate own local-government elections. All MPs equally are chosen in the national General Elections for the normal 5-year term, excepting any individual constituency "By-election" enforced by the death, resignation or removal from office of the MP concerned.] This post was edited by Durdle at July 11, 2019 3:08 AM MDT
      July 11, 2019 3:00 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and VERY INFORMATIVE reply Durdle. I appreciate it. Here's the thing.

Your very basic simple question..."well, don't you have a presidential election again next year?"  is not the question to ask. The answer is yes we do but that's irrelevant because here's the problem. The 2016 presidential election WAS RIGGED by interference from a hostile foreign country and collusion/conspiracy with prodons. The sb teleprompter prez was INSTALLED by Russia. Putin wanted a lapdog puppet to do his bidding and he looked around and saw the best possible imbecile for the job. The means by which the hacking will be done are certainly going to be far more sophisticated in 2020. The hacking and meddling HAS NEVER CEASED. So what worked for PUTIN in 2016 will certainly work again. This time there will be others too undoubtedly getting in on the hacking cabal. China already hacks us. North Korea probably. Iran why not? The  folks who are prodons are still there. The MINORITY. But when you rig and stack the deck the strangest things can happen. The loser wins. That happened in 2016 and it will happen again. All the  toady sycophants are doing their best in the Senate and the individual red-state governors are working their butts off trying to prevent honest voting from happening. I think a fair election will never happen again in America. I see futility. I see cruelty and hatred being elected again and again. Dark view I know but there are monstrous evil people working hard to effect that end and I believe evil which has no rules will always overpower good which does.  Apologies for the reply but that is how I see it today. Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 11, 2019 3:21 AM MDT
      July 11, 2019 3:18 AM MDT

You paint a terrifying prospect, and it's threat that can only be avoided by enough honest Americans becoming politicians, or voting only for politicians who do put the country and its citizens before their own ends. That and the law authorities investigating and coming down hard on anyone rigging elections, at least within the USA - they'd have no powers overseas.

Putin's government is known to have tried to interfere with many countries, too. As far as I know it's only one to interfere directly in a presidential election though, because as you say, Putin wants powers favourable to him.

Most of the others seem to attack IT systems instead because their main aim is to weaken the countries they attack. Some of these attacks might have been tests of the weapons, ahead of any outright "warfare".

There have also been massive attacks on businesses like airlines and hotel chains, to steal customers' details, but I think they are far more likely to be by criminals wanting to steal money than by hostile governments' secret services. It's noticeable that the authorities prosecute the airlines etc. though, on the grounds of weak Internet security, but no-one reports any attempts to trace and arrest the hackers. 
      July 13, 2019 1:53 AM MDT