Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Finance » For those of you who are investors. Do you invest in stocks of products you personally use or is your main consideration ROI and what the investment isn't a relevant consideration? Why?

For those of you who are investors. Do you invest in stocks of products you personally use or is your main consideration ROI and what the investment isn't a relevant consideration? Why?

Posted - September 6, 2016

Responses

ROI....
      September 6, 2016 7:41 AM MDT

Thank you m2c. So for example if you do not smoke or drink but the stocks for those products are financially worth the investment you would invest in them?  I invested ONCE in a supposed slam-dunk rheumatoid arthritis drug. It was in its last FDA trial stages and allegedly had no side effects. My best friend worked for a company that put investors in new products and creators of new products together. She bought 1600 shares st $9. All her savings. She had that much confidence in it. All I could afford at that time was 500 shares but she assured me the value would go through the roof. Well you know what's coming. When I bailed the stock was 90 cents a share. I took the loss on my taxes and  never invested again. That was my one and only experience with the stock market. Thank you for your reply.

September 6, 2016 8:20 AM MDT