Active Now

Reverend Muhammadovsky
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Help me on this one. Wayne LaPierre is against is against background checks for gun purchases.

Help me on this one. Wayne LaPierre is against is against background checks for gun purchases.

Trump is for them.(The only good thing he has ever done.) Obviously the gun manufacturers have Wayne in their pockets. Wayne has members of congress in his pocket. Wayne has a direct line to Donny's line. Who's gonna win this one? The people?

Posted - August 9, 2019

Responses

What gave you the idea that Trump is in favor of background checks? Because he said so and he never says things he doesn't mean? He said the same thing in 2018 and said he would 'stand up to the NRA'. We're still waiting.
      August 9, 2019 7:05 PM MDT

That's what I am talking about. Who wins, a million white, gun-totin' rednecks or the rest of us. It's up to Wayne and Donny.
      August 9, 2019 7:17 PM MDT

NRA opposed the Trump ban on bump stocks.
      August 9, 2019 7:27 PM MDT

Because Trump is not a right-wing idealogue. He is an opportunist with moderate views on gun control.
      August 9, 2019 8:19 PM MDT

ANYTHING that could possibly be imagined to impede gun distribution is blasphemy to the NRA. 
    Remember that the NRA’s (read: Mr LaPierre) suggestion to address the rise in school shootings was more guns. 
    Given how few “the people” actually win, it would be surprising to see this shake out any different. 
      August 9, 2019 7:15 PM MDT

Agreed.
      August 9, 2019 7:19 PM MDT

I do not believe it will get to Trump's. McConnell will stop it or or it will fail to pass the Senate.
      August 9, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

Trump said on TV this afternoon that he would support enhanced background checks only.  He said nothing about banning assault weapons.  Apparently, there are already some background checks required which he will leave in place.  Trump is about as useful as a teat on a bull.
      August 9, 2019 8:32 PM MDT