Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » History » It falls upon you to reverse a wrong in history. Which would you choose? How would you do it? Would you even make the attempt?

It falls upon you to reverse a wrong in history. Which would you choose? How would you do it? Would you even make the attempt?

Posted - August 20, 2019

Responses

Only Donald Trump would be stable enough to choose the correct choice.

I'm sure it would be stable and ingenious.  Like finding a way to sabotage Hilary by faking her emails.  
      August 20, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

Prevent trump from being elected. Perhaps by starting a viral tweet that he likes to have sex with children.
      August 20, 2019 5:17 PM MDT

Listen.  He RAPED a young woman in a department store where she worked in the dressing room after hours.

Didn't know her but met her before and stalked her.  RAPED her.  It is all over the news. It didn't even dent the news cycle.  

Everything he did to her was EXACTLY word for word what he told Bush in the Access Hollywood tape when he bragged about grabbing females by the crotch.

That's what he did to her.  It was a TED BUNDY move.  She never saw it coming.  
      August 20, 2019 5:24 PM MDT

• Don't forget...He also likes to put them in cages.
      August 20, 2019 5:47 PM MDT

Doesn't everyone from time-to-time?

August 20, 2019 5:56 PM MDT

• Oh come now! 
    We all know there are no white kids in cages.  Only the brown ones. 

I thought you kept up with the current administrations policies better than that.
      August 20, 2019 6:00 PM MDT

Well, to make this even more horrific?  There are WHITE KIDS IN CAGES and they are the property of pedophiles the world over.  Nice thought.  I think that is kind of what Jeff Epstein was considering when he bought his exclusive island.  
      August 20, 2019 6:18 PM MDT

• I suppose you're right. 
    There are few boundaries that injustice pays respect to.

"Epstein's Island"  sounds like the makings of a site on the Dark Web.
      August 20, 2019 6:26 PM MDT

I would have chosen the option to NOT keep this house in and property. When I purchased it, the seller played a game and ignored the towns land-usage-ordinance. It's a long story but the town is allowed to combine two contiguous parcels of land if they are owned by the same person and one of the parcels is a sub-standard lot. 
    Rather than going into the details, I had the choice of getting every cent, plus damages or keeping the house and ALL the property.   I kept the property which was the worst mistake I have ever made in my life.  It's killing me and I cannot even sell it.  This post was edited by Jon at August 20, 2019 6:19 PM MDT
      August 20, 2019 6:02 PM MDT

I would go back to 311 AD and assist would-be assassin Maximian in tracking Roman Emperor Constantine to the side bedroom where he was hiding from the plot to kill him. Maximian ended up mistakenly killing a eunuch hidden in Caesar’s bed as a decoy. He was caught and forced to commit suicide. 

Had Maximian been successful at that point, the Roman Empire would have collapsed perhaps a century earlier, the Dark Ages would have begun and ended much earlier, and Christianity (and its plagiarized sibling, Islam) would not have been empowered and spread, to orchestrate the immeasurable suffering, ignorance and genocides we’ve seen over the last 1700 years This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 20, 2019 6:39 PM MDT
      August 20, 2019 6:02 PM MDT

Oh yeah.  Because then everything would be fine and dandy.  LOL 

If ONLY.  It's a great piece of history you informed us of, but it would have just meant that man would have messed up the planet another way.  Would that one act stop all psychopaths from causing mayhem?  Who knows, the act you think you would do to save the earth, just may be something that could have started the ball rolling in an even worse direction.

We still have anger, sloth, every kind of psychopathy, and just plain stupid running the show at least half the time. And no single change of events will solve THAT problem.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 20, 2019 6:13 PM MDT
      August 20, 2019 6:07 PM MDT

That‘s inevitable. But we wouldn’t have spent the intervening millennia, wasting uncountable resources and lives bowing to grim fables and clerical terrorism. This post was edited by Don Barzini at August 20, 2019 6:40 PM MDT
      August 20, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

I just clicked post and you answered already?  How could you have read that?  

August 20, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

It popped up on my iMac. 
      August 20, 2019 6:15 PM MDT

I have a bad habbit of posting, reading and editing and adding.  
      August 20, 2019 6:19 PM MDT

I must’ve responded to the earlier draft of your post. 
    But yes, what you say is true. My dirty deed wouldn’t have solved very many of humanity's ills, but it would have prevented what I consider a major historical wrong.
      August 20, 2019 6:25 PM MDT

I always thought it would be interesting to go back and record what Jesus actually said ... rather than having to trust the writings of people hundreds of years later recording verbal stories.  

Second to that, I like Don's idea.

Third, would be to assassinate the Council of Nicaea.  Especially if it could be done in such a way that they would have thought it was done by "god".  (like using a "suitcase nuke")  And then circulate the story through the church that "god doesn't want to be defined by man" and "wants us free to worship HIM in whatever way HE moves us".  
      August 21, 2019 8:10 AM MDT