Active Now

Just Asking
Randy D
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Has the Roundup weed-killer been re-formulated . . .

Has the Roundup weed-killer been re-formulated . . .

. . . or the carcinogenic aspect of it been given a, ‘what the hell’, free pass in order to save jobs, promote business and maintain the tax base? It seems stores that used to sell (the old?) Roundup, still sell (the new?) Roundup! Maybe the old, carcinogenic Roundup is still cleared for application provided there are clear warnings of its use – and to hell with the super-mega millipedes and pet-hunting voles.      

Posted - September 12, 2019

Responses

It has the WORST reputation around. I cannot believe this product is still on the shelves.

This article states that while it is poisonous, it may take years and years and years to show the accumulative effects of this product.

So, like Global Warming, it is a killer that WILL kill us.  However, like global warming, we are too stupid to pay attention to ANYTHING unless the results are instantaneous.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/how-toxic-is-the-worlds-most-popular-herbicide-roundup-30308 This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 12, 2019 9:54 AM MDT
      September 12, 2019 9:06 AM MDT

• Its a good mixer.  It has a slight kick.
      September 12, 2019 9:34 AM MDT

I mix it with Raid.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 12, 2019 10:03 AM MDT
      September 12, 2019 9:43 AM MDT

• OMG!  That's Spider-man's arm.  LOL!  Too funny.
      September 12, 2019 10:03 AM MDT

I have a long way to go to post stuff as good as yours.  LOL 
      September 12, 2019 10:04 AM MDT

• I am always impressed and entertained at just how loud a voice some of us have here at "The Mug" and how different each voice is in content and the expression of such.  I love what you bring to this place.
      September 12, 2019 10:10 AM MDT

Didn't humanity get where it is today by individuals boldly going where no sane person would dare tread? I guess a few had to fall by the wayside . . . . . and no wildflower, fungi, shrub or wild creature would set root or foot on that spot from that day to this.
      September 12, 2019 10:09 AM MDT