Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever been BEGUILED by anyone/anything? Ever purposely BEGUILE? Why?

Ever been BEGUILED by anyone/anything? Ever purposely BEGUILE? Why?

Posted - October 5, 2019

Responses

hmmm.......great question but not sure how to answer it.........

takin' a wild guess,,,,,,I'd say I was beguiled the first time I ever saw John Payne........old time movie star....without a doubt, he WAS the handsomest man in the movies............you can have Gable, etc., but John Payne totally beguiled me...still does!!!

AND he never got the career he deserved......he did comedy/drama/musicals, was even on B'way when he was in his 60's!!  whatta guy!!!

also beguiling was the first time I saw Marilyn Monroe in that "Little Girls from Little Rock" number in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes......I was 10 years old and have been a HUUUUUUGE fan ever since.

SOOOO are those good examples of being 'beguiled'.......I was gonna look the word up but thought....."nah"!!........so let me know thinking on this!!!!!!!!

thanks!!!!!!

October 5, 2019 8:54 AM MDT

John Payne? Wow that goes back a very long time. I remember him and liked him. Probably not as much as you but musicals? He was a song-and-dance man? Sheesh. I never knew. I like your answer bigly ben. Now beguiled has several meanings. Most words do. I'm gonna list 'em but I believe you are talking about definition 3.
    So here we go.
    1. To influence by trickery/flattery; mislead, delude
    2. To take away from by cheating or misleading
    3. To CHARM or DIVERT
    4. To pass time pleasantly

Thank you for your reply and the compliment and Happy Saturday! This post was edited by RosieG at October 5, 2019 9:32 AM MDT
      October 5, 2019 9:31 AM MDT