Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Since teachers never get paid what they are worth we know that money is NOT a teacher's carrot. What is?

Since teachers never get paid what they are worth we know that money is NOT a teacher's carrot. What is?

Posted - October 14, 2019

Responses

Based on what I see every time the discussion turns to what they want locally:

Money.
    More teachers (but they aren't willing to give up a possible increase to afford more school building to put the new teachers).
    Inability to be fired for incompetence.
      October 14, 2019 4:22 PM MDT

The question is WHAT DRAWS THEM TO TEACHING Walt? If money WERE their prime objective they would not become teachers. WHAT IS THE CARROT? I already established that it cannot be money. What is the INITIAL LURE that draws them in? You are not a fan of teachers. I think teaching is the MOST NOBLE PROFESSION. You are skewed to your view as I am skewed to mine. It happens.  It is my greatest joy that my son is a University Professor. I didn't marry one but I gave birth to one. I have justified my existence in my opinion by that single act. Thank you for your reply.
      October 15, 2019 4:10 AM MDT