Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Antiguns like me (no guns at all) feel safe without them. Proguns only feel safe with guns nearby . How do you explain the disparity?

Antiguns like me (no guns at all) feel safe without them. Proguns only feel safe with guns nearby . How do you explain the disparity?

Posted - October 16, 2019

Responses

Fear and lack of knowledge about guns. 
      October 16, 2019 6:34 AM MDT

You really believe what you wrote m2c? Those without guns are ignorant and afraid? It seems to me those WITH guns are the ones who are afraid. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday. Guns kill living things. I'm not pro that.
      October 19, 2019 1:34 AM MDT

Yes I believe the vast majority who want to take guns are very ignorant about them.

Do you know the difference between a machine gun and the dreaded AR that that so many want to ban? How about the difference between that AR and a traditional hunting rifle? 
      October 19, 2019 5:33 AM MDT

Nice question. The thing is, owning guns is only for pure entertainment. The entertainment of shooting them at a range. 

Police are there for people's security. I dont even think we have a right to shoot someone for self-defence. you can still go to prison for that.

October 16, 2019 6:38 AM MDT

And this is why we must continue to defend the USA 2nd amendment rights. 
      October 16, 2019 7:38 AM MDT

Thank you for the compliment franc and Happy Saturday. We're all homo saps but some of us are terrified of not having guns and I've always thought that was kinda peculiar. I guess it's how you are raised. Different strokes. Sometimes the cops are the bad guys and kill innocent people in their own homes. I wonder if a day will ever come when that stops happening?
      October 19, 2019 1:36 AM MDT

franc533 claims "Police are there for people's security. "
    But in the USA - courts have consistently ruled that is NOT TRUE!
    EVERY single court case regarding the duty of the police to "protect and serve" has ended with a ruling that - unless you have a "special relationship" with the police (EG: witness, informant, in custody, etc) - the police have NO duty, obligation, or responsibility to protect you.
    The lack of police protection for the average citizen is so obvious, that even strong "anti-gun" areas like Chicago and Washington DC went to court to order those cities to allow citizens access to firearms for self-protection.

franc533 also claims "I don't even think we have a right to shoot someone for self-defense."
    In the USA - that is also false.
    Every state allows the use of deadly force in self-defense, or defense of others, when threatened with deadly force.
    Some states require you to attempt to exit the situation before resorting to deadly force, others don't.

To claim that an armed citizen is no deterrent is to ignore the history of such incidents.
    Many times, an armed citizen doesn't even have to use their firearm.
    But just because there are far fewer cases of citizens stopping criminals than police doing so, doesn't lessen the importance of those citizens or the lives they have saved.

Should every citizen be required to carry a weapon?  Obviously not.
    But those who believe they should ... as long as there is no reasonable reason for them NOT to ... should be allowed to do so.

October 16, 2019 11:00 AM MDT

Cops have no duty obligation or responsibility to protect us Walt? So why do we have them then? You just shocked me and stunned me bigly. Don't they take an oath to "serve and protect"? We endow them with the LEGAL right to kill people. In return for that they are not duty-bound to protect us? For my entire life I thought they were. But my question is why are some folks so afraid of not having guns while others have an abhorrence of them? Guns are used to kill living things. Some see them as a solution to a problem and others believe they are the problem. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 19, 2019 1:43 AM MDT
      October 19, 2019 1:42 AM MDT

We have some great cops who go above and beyond their legal obligations. And I am grateful we have them. 

But generally, they come to take the report and maybe arrest the person later. 
      October 19, 2019 5:38 AM MDT