Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Sports » Which sport requires the most PATIENCE to learn how to play well? Why?

Which sport requires the most PATIENCE to learn how to play well? Why?

Posted - September 13, 2016

Responses

• Probably golf

Just when you thought that you had mastered it, it bites you in the ass

September 13, 2016 7:14 AM MDT

Golf. Why? You have to deal with many skills. So it takes time to learn to play well. Then you get mad at one shot and throw your club in the water hazard. You have to be patient to not do this. It costs lots of money to play. Equipment is also expensive. You have to work much to be able to afford to play. Your game depends on the condition of the environment. You have to take turns playing. Have to wait around a lot.
      September 13, 2016 7:36 AM MDT

I'm a kinda sorta golf widow Marguerite. Jim is really hooked on the game. We have a 9-hole golf course in our Retirement Village which is just 2 blocks away.. He plays golf Thursdays and Saturdays and goes down to the golf course 2-3 times a week to practice. He watches and tapes golf instruction shows. He moves some of the furniture in the living room frequently to set up a place where he can practice his "short" game or swing. He is getting better . He is infinitely patient  so  I'm guessing he will just keep getting better because nothing will stop him from playing. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!  :)

September 13, 2016 8:03 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply SN and Happy Tuesday.

September 13, 2016 8:03 AM MDT

Curling.  The "sport" moves at a snail's pace.  Anyone who gets excited at a curling match is probably in a coma.

September 13, 2016 7:31 PM MDT

I've seen it  on film or TV Spunky.   It's an odd sport I think but if I had grown up where it was played regularly I'd probably see the value in it. Heck I might even be a fan! Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)

September 14, 2016 2:20 AM MDT

I think anything that has to do with precision and balance; like ballet, archery, gymnastics.. etc.

September 14, 2016 9:45 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply SRG. I've heard it said that golf is a sport you can never master. All you can hope for is getting better at it. I have no talent whatsoever for sports. Well, I am a good fan.  The  Olympic Gymnasts are beyond awesome. It's amazing what one can do with one's body with practice, dedication and talent. :)

September 15, 2016 1:53 AM MDT

Gymnastics is one of my favorite sports to watch on the Olympics, truly an artful mastery of the body!

September 18, 2016 8:39 AM MDT

LOL ... I have been unable to get on here since Wednesday, Rosie or I would have wished you a happy one, too.  I'll have to settle for a Happy Sunday.)

September 18, 2016 9:58 AM MDT

Me too. It's completely awesome and fabulous but they have to be very dedicated and live, sleep, eat and breathe practice practice practice. Thank you for your reply SRG and Happy Monday to thee! :)

September 19, 2016 6:10 AM MDT

How come sweetie? Anyway I'm glad you're here now! Happy Monday Spunky! I was having problems a few days ago not getting alerts but things seem fine for the present! :)

September 19, 2016 6:11 AM MDT