Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How do you evaluate measure judge "worthwhile"? Based on its complexity/simplicity? Its usefulness? Its populartiy?

How do you evaluate measure judge "worthwhile"? Based on its complexity/simplicity? Its usefulness? Its populartiy?

Posted - December 1, 2019

Responses

The results
      December 1, 2019 6:22 AM MST

You might want to rethink your answer DB. A surgeon fights hard to save a life but the patient dies during surgery. That was not worthwhile even though the results were terrible? Thank you for your reply.
      December 1, 2019 8:01 AM MST

Who says the gallant surgeon’s effort wasn’t worthwhile, ...YOU?

You asked me how I measure what is worthwhile. I gave my answer.
    You’re welcome. 

December 1, 2019 8:20 AM MST

Do I detect a tiny bit of annoyance here? Really? I see you do not like to be disagreed with.  Duly noted. Thanks for the memories. This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2019 8:24 AM MST
      December 1, 2019 8:23 AM MST

I only tire of your flawed reasoning. 

I am more than smart enough to understand there is a great deal we can learn from those we disagree with. Based on recent exchanges here, it is clear to me you are not, and therefore cannot. Projecting is not a viable tactic. 

Have you never learned from failure? Much human learning is wrought from failure. 
    Though apparently not in Rosie’s corner.

Good bye Rosie

December 1, 2019 8:46 AM MST

Would be in the eye of the beholder.  They hire the surgery and if the patient lives the surgeon is a hero. The patient dies and who know but they choose not to take responsibility and instead sue the surgeon.  Sometimes what we imagine to be worthwhile turns out not to be at all. 
      December 1, 2019 9:07 AM MST

This brings up another question og. Is intention and meaning well whether or not it turns out well enough to make a thing worthwhile? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Sunday.
      December 1, 2019 9:17 AM MST

I consider something "worthwhile" if it benefits someone. 
      December 1, 2019 8:50 AM MST

But if it involves criminal activity surely that would not be worthwhile would it? Thank you for your reply og.
      December 1, 2019 9:18 AM MST

Criminal activity is worthwhile to the criminal but hurts the victims of that activity. 
      December 1, 2019 9:47 AM MST