Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » POLITICS. "Having a definite policy or system of government." "Of or pertaining to the state or its government". And?

POLITICS. "Having a definite policy or system of government." "Of or pertaining to the state or its government". And?

"Of or pertaining to or concerned with POLITICS". Using the word as part of the definition sucks.

Anyway here's my point. Some insist POLITICS and LEGAL are separate. They will say "that is political" deeming it specious. Calling something "political" is a putdown. I think that's crap.

A system of government is based on what? Rules laws regs. So politics is all about what is legal and what isn't it. Insisting they are entirely separate issues is ridikkalus in my opinion.

It's a putdown used by Republicans all the time to denigrate any actions or words used by Democrats. "Oh it's just political". Really?

Politics is based on rules regs law. Politics is a system of government OK where am I going wrong on this. Before you answer YOU look it up in the dictionary and see what you get out of it.

Posted - January 19, 2020

Responses

I think most people are using the word "legal" when the word should be "judicial". Impeachment is a political process not a Judicial one. 
    It rests with legislative branch alone. Constitution says they have the sole power in the process. 
      January 19, 2020 8:06 AM MST