Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Names » What can you tell about others based on their avatars?

What can you tell about others based on their avatars?

How much can you tell about others? What does your avatar say about you?

Posted - October 3, 2016

Responses

I'm sitting here thinking about your question and browsing through some of the avatars.  
    I feel like they are realistic fiction.
    Some represent what people would like you to think, but are not true
    Some are very true
    They represent part of a person.  Whether that part is personality or the real person themselves.
    They represent what they would like you to see. This post was edited by Merlin at April 5, 2017 10:28 AM MDT
      February 6, 2017 3:40 PM MST

Hi ALF~  Thank you for your thumbs up. You are a doll. ... No, really! In both senses of the word.  A quick question off the subject, kind of.  Do you thin that is  the right verb usage on the second sentence?  "but is not true?" or should it be "but are not true?"  I get confused sometimes on this... 
      February 6, 2017 4:12 PM MST

• People are plural, so I'd use "are."

Actually, (the word) people is plural, so I'd use "are." (result is the same) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 5, 2017 10:27 AM MDT
      February 6, 2017 4:23 PM MST

Thanks ALF~  After looking back on it, I thought so!  Happy!  Happy! This post was edited by Merlin at April 5, 2017 10:27 AM MDT
      February 6, 2017 4:40 PM MST

• Your verb actually links to "some people" way back at the beginning of the sentence so your plural "are" is correct. 
    (Did I really write "are is correct"? Sounds whacky...)
      February 10, 2017 3:22 AM MST

• hmm
    so yours is then, a representation of what you want us to see. . . unless . . . are you really a Wizard?!
      February 6, 2017 4:50 PM MST

It's all in the eyes of the beholder....

What would you like to see Lago?   This post was edited by Merlin at April 5, 2017 10:26 AM MDT
      February 6, 2017 5:01 PM MST

• a rabbit . . . wearing funny glasses. . . pulled from a hat. . .  )
      February 6, 2017 5:18 PM MST

I see you are peering out your window! "Hi Lago" :) :) Are you using your binoculars?  Sometimes I wear the funny glasses and sometimes the rabbit does.  Who's wearing them today?...
      February 6, 2017 5:34 PM MST

• Right on!!
      April 4, 2017 10:49 AM MDT

Hi Lago~  Long time no see or chat!  I like your new avatar.  Is this what you see out your window?  It is beautiful.  Thanks for sharing. :) :)
      April 4, 2017 11:08 AM MDT

• I see it more like the place In which I would like to be. Physically, and mentally. Somewhere away and in peace. You know?
    Nice to see you again. I hope you're doing well.
      April 4, 2017 11:46 AM MDT

My avatar ummm I hope it says something nice about me.....Lago I can't understand what your avatar says,God you are so thin;))
    Seriously, avatars are chosen carefully because that's how your personality gets depicted here or the side you want to reveal.
      February 6, 2017 6:12 PM MST

• Does that picture show the way you see yourself?
    I think most avatars say something about  the way we really feel like inside, not necessarily the way we really are. . . I think . . . This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 4, 2017 11:49 AM MDT
      April 4, 2017 10:53 AM MDT

• The message behind my avatar is clear: I have schizophrenia. Or possibly multiple personality disorder. Or maybe I just don't know who I am. Or maybe I'm just confused. 

Dang! I'm sorry I started to answer this question. I blame Merlin for it. 
      February 10, 2017 3:23 AM MST

So many of them are just MUGS...... All natural blondes excluded if their Cute...... :)p
      February 22, 2017 4:22 PM MST

Impossible to give a clearcut answer. Avatars do say something about the person choosing it, but it can do so in thousands of very different ways, and most of them are quite ambiguous.  WelbyQuentin  recognized the movie yours came from and got his ideas there. I did not recognize the image, so all I saw was a tropical sunset. I would have assumed you were a romantic ;-))
      April 4, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

• Or maybe im just lazy, ).
      April 4, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

• I change mine daily - sometimes several times a day, because I like variety.   I have used my real pic, but most of the time it's just something fun.  Not that I am not fun.  I am a blast.  
      October 14, 2018 8:22 AM MDT

This question sucks mainly because there are too many pages to comb through and you seriously can spend 15 solid minutes just finding the page where you are supposed to comment on again.

SHEESH!  No fun at all.

November 1, 2018 12:29 AM MDT