Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » i just want a good lover

i just want a good lover

but in the city i live, they estimate from what i remember, maybe like 4 millions population.

and theres more women than men.

but no girls for me.

i want a lover lol.

what can i do. i have no home .

Posted - December 2, 2016

Responses

• Exactly :)  Unless he plays hockey or basketball for big fat stacks of cash :p 
      December 2, 2016 6:32 PM MST

In the formulation of Opus' Law ("A short big-nosed goofy-looking...."), cartoonist Berke Breathed noted musician Bruce Springsteen was clearly not governed by the Law.

I coined that anomaly the "Play the Gui-tar on the MTV Exception." Of course, there are other examples where modulating factors (principally socioeconomc status) can cause Opus' Law to break down...;-D....
      December 2, 2016 6:40 PM MST

• True :) what girl hasn't fell  for a bass player one or 5 times in their lifetime?  :p no fat stacks of cash required there :)
      December 2, 2016 6:49 PM MST

@Jaimie -- Can you explain the appeal? I have some hypotheses, but my understanding of the phenomenon is limited.

What's your observation on the subject?
      December 2, 2016 7:04 PM MST

• It's kinda hard to explain :) whether we act tough or not if a guy can play an instrument ( especially guitar ) it kinda melts us or some of us  ... In our younger years anyway . I once dated a guy who played guitar and looking back he was a freakin idiot loser, ..but he played " you look wonderful tonight" on guitar for me and sang and so I hung in a year longer than I should have. Lol :) I don't think I really explained it cos I don't understand the appeal myself .. I just know it's there :) I ended up throwing that guitar off a 10 storey balcony when we broke up :p I'm a much calmer person now :p kinda 
      December 2, 2016 7:31 PM MST

@Jaimie -- Thanks for trying and thanks for that amusing personal anecdote.

Here is one possible explanation (with science and everything!)...;-D..

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-men-who-can-tell-a-good-story-are-more-attractive-to-women-2016-5

I favor a hypothesis based upon social "outsiderness." According to some research I've read, evidence suggests some women have a desire to mate outside of their perceived local social group. In early human times, this desire would have had the survival fitness benefit of introducing new genetic diversity into the kin population.

In modern times, the "other" is not defined so much by geography as social status. Hence, I hypothesize, some women are attracted to social "outsiders" (e.g. biker gang members or rock guitarists) instead of geographic outsiders (e.g. members of the tribe 5 miles down the river).

More research is clearly called for...;-D...

December 2, 2016 7:47 PM MST

• I read your link :) I don't know about the woman liking story tellers part though :) cos sometimes when people talk I'm just waiting for my turn to talk about me!!! I I agree with all your scientifical stuff :) ( were you on blurt it and know I think I'm a scientist and people just let me fake that I am ? :) ) I forget where I was going with this :/ oh ! Yeah :) I think you're right about woman liking or being attracted to men who are different than them ... Artistic types ... Or "wrong side of tracks " types ... scientical speaking :p 
      December 2, 2016 8:05 PM MST

I think that the storytelling element is valid, and would attribute that, to put it simply, "charm".

I also think that you're on to something with "outsiderness", but think that it would still include geographic outsiders, as well as social ones. My completely non-scientific reasoning is based on "the grass is always greener" hypothesis, as well as the ever-present "boredom" hypothesis. : )

Now, @Jaimie and @Old School, I was thoroughly entertained by this exchange. But, am I the only one wondering about poor Franc and his need for a lover? Hehe!
      December 3, 2016 10:22 AM MST

@SA -- When thinking about "what men like" or "what women like" the question of WHY they like what they like has to be addressed. It involves asking a lot of Next Questions.

OK, so women like "charming" storytellers. So, why do women find storytellers charming? Why don't they find such men to be obnoxious blowhards who won't shut up? Given that we find similar patterns of mate desirability criteria across cultures and across time, the most plausible explanations come from evolutionary biology.

For example, it is likely women find "storyteller" men charming because, in our past, only high-status individuals had the opportunities to engage in story-worthy activities, and women being attracted to high social status is a well-documented phenomenon.

With respect to Franc, this does relate directly to his plight. He may be a fine human being, an empathetic and loving man, a terrific physical lover, a loyal partner who would never cheat, and so forth. But he is also in a VERY low socioeconomic status situation, and very few women are willing to invest their romantic energies in men in Franc's situation.
      December 3, 2016 10:39 AM MST

Yes, I understand.

I was suggesting that the reason "most" women find good storytellers attractive is that they likely have the ability to "charm". Although I do like a good story (who doesn't?), I have come to believe/accept/understand that when it comes to men, those that are traditionally "charming" in that way, more likely than not fall into the "obnoxious blowhard who won't shut up" category, and it is wise to steer clear of them. I think that more women would be wise to consider this. But, it is probably as you say, and has been ingrained in our female DNA to associate storytellers with high social status, so we tend to fall for these charming storytellers, time and time again.

I was attempting to be funny, with my reference to Franc, (trying to be charming, perhaps?), however, there may be hope for him to fall into the "social outsider" role, and snag himself a lover after all! : )
      December 4, 2016 12:17 PM MST