Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How much personal information do you publish on the Internet?

How much personal information do you publish on the Internet?

On answerMug, or on sites like Facebook or Google +, how much do you share? Do you share embarrassing things? Do you perceive any dangers in revealing too much?

Posted - February 18, 2017

Responses

Virginia~ It is a true pleasure to see you here.  I haven't been on the internet much sense our last meeting place.  This is the first place I've felt comfortable coming and it was because Taise showed up in my email requesting my friendship.  That was all it took for me to look a little closer at answerMug.  Once I came here and say Dozy, Rooster, Ancient One, Dragonfly, Happy2, etc. etc.  I felt a lot more at ease.  I still am not on nearly as much as before.  But, it is great knowing when I come here I will see friends and new friends.  Welcome and all your secrets are safe with me!  Big giggles and hugs!  Welcome Virginia :) :) 
      February 18, 2017 9:05 PM MST

• Oh Merlin I saw your username, and I wondered if it was you!
    So glad...hope you can come on more and more now...sounds like Taise may be here too, hurrah!
      February 18, 2017 9:11 PM MST

It is a bunch of fun.  Not Flo is as funny as always! I am smiling a huge smile. :) :) Happy! Happy!
      February 18, 2017 9:17 PM MST

• Teach comes in from time to time. It's always a pleasure to see her when she comes.
      February 18, 2017 9:54 PM MST

• I sincerely hope that lady stays right where she is. We really don't want her here.
      February 18, 2017 9:52 PM MST

Not much!!
      February 18, 2017 8:48 PM MST

• Sensible. :)
      February 19, 2017 6:22 AM MST

Just enough to keep you guessing
      February 18, 2017 8:56 PM MST

• A magician never shares her secrets. 
      February 19, 2017 6:22 AM MST

When I was a noob I answered all the personal questions on a forum. Then my employer took offense at one post and I was fired. Since then I have never revealed identifying information. Your birthday, gender, and zip code are enough to identify you with 90% accuracy.

Now this: Using Metadata to find Paul Revere - Kieran Healy
      February 19, 2017 1:17 AM MST

• I've seen that kind of example before. Scary, isn't it! 

I read an account of how a combined operation between Australian police and the FBI cleaned up a paedophile ring. It was just a tiny detail followed by a great deal of painstaking search on Facebook. That's where the guy identified himself asnd they wrapped up the whole ring.
      February 19, 2017 6:25 AM MST