Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » How do you manage your Internet passwords?

How do you manage your Internet passwords?

Do you use complex passwords? Do you have a means of remembering them should your computer crash?

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

• We used to grow aspersions when I was a kid but Mrs Didge prefers pansies.
      February 21, 2017 5:54 PM MST

• I think Mrs Didge is correct... They're much nicer :)
      February 21, 2017 5:56 PM MST

I keep a list locked up at work and use combination of words and numbers that aren't linked to me in any way
      February 21, 2017 5:50 PM MST

• I have a system that makes use of letters, numbers and punctuation, and I really get browned off when some site (or worse, my bank) wants me to use their system. 
      February 21, 2017 5:55 PM MST

• Reading an article recently on password protection and the point they raised was the content need by most corporations to change the password each month was counter productive as we tend to use the same root with a number we increment each month .... The brief is much better to keep just one password but make it a goodie :)
      February 21, 2017 6:00 PM MST

i tend to use the same ones so its easier to remember
      February 22, 2017 10:40 AM MST

• At the very least you should have separate passwords for your bank accounts, Pearl. I know the banking industry willk support us (unless they can prove we were negligent) if somebody accesses our account, but it's not very difficult for a hacker to find your password and use it for all manner of nasty things. Do yourself a favour and don't take that chance.
      February 22, 2017 1:32 PM MST

I have a different user-name and password for every site and forum, and for logging-on; written and kept safe. I know we're meant to change them regularly but I have noticed that many sites, including my ISP (BTinternet), either don't give you the option or hide it somewhere very obscure. 
      March 3, 2017 2:44 PM MST

LastPass. Google it.
      March 3, 2017 2:48 PM MST