Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Bias is inevitable whether it be gender or age or social status or religion or politics. How do you escape supporting people like YOU?

Bias is inevitable whether it be gender or age or social status or religion or politics. How do you escape supporting people like YOU?

Posted - February 9, 2020

Responses

Do your best to only look at the work/policies when making a  choice. (Hire/fire, promote, grade, award, vote, etc)

My high school English teacher did not have us put our name on our papers. We put our student ID number instead so he could look just at the work without know who the student was. Now by mid year, he said there were many student he could ID because of their writing styles but he could start any paper without a preconceived expectation. This post was edited by my2cents at February 9, 2020 6:06 AM MST
      February 9, 2020 5:59 AM MST

It sounds so easy and simple m2c. But it is VERY HARD to separate yourself from any issue. The ideal would be to do exactly as you suggest. But ideal implies perfection and we all know there is no such thing. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 9, 2020 6:02 AM MST

Perhaps. Anytime it is possible look at the work/policy without knowing the person involved ID. 

I love the site isidewith.com  for policy stuff. It asks questions on your positions about issues and then tells you what candidate you most agree with.

https://www.isidewith.com 

This post was edited by my2cents at February 9, 2020 6:19 AM MST
      February 9, 2020 6:10 AM MST

I just wrote that down on a pad m2c. Much and bigly thanks. I appreciate it! :) ((hugs)) I don't really explore what's available. I think I ought to get out and about more on the net than I do! I'm a shutin so far. Limiting.
      February 9, 2020 6:12 AM MST

I added a clickable link above. 
      February 9, 2020 6:20 AM MST

We are by nature herd animals, and tend to go for herds within herds.

However, we can go a long away to avoiding the problem you cite,  by seeking to understand others' beliefs, etc..
      February 9, 2020 5:50 PM MST