Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How is Mayor Pete a moderate?

How is Mayor Pete a moderate?

Posted - February 12, 2020

Responses

Compared to Yeshua Trump, everyone is moderate. 
      February 12, 2020 10:48 AM MST

Trump is not Jesus. Not even close. 

So I will put you down as agree Pete is not a moderate Dem. 
      February 12, 2020 10:52 AM MST

Trump says he is.
    Many of Trump's flock says he is.
    Take it up with them

Of course Mayor Pete's moderate. He's actually a Corporate Dem.
    He's Military, He's Married, he's not for universal healthcare, and he's also a Christian.
    God Bless Mayor Pete and his corporate donors.
    It's my thought that because he is gay, you label him as NOT MODERATE.  The idea of them getting married makes him fringe. Correct?
    This post was edited by Jon at February 12, 2020 1:26 PM MST
      February 12, 2020 10:53 AM MST

Again POLICIES.....

The only thing I have seen that is a moderate with Pete is that he does not oppose full funding od the military and does not support Medicare for All. Every other policy issue he checks the liberal box. 

2 policy issues.....that is it. 

If 2 issues is all it takes....then I could call myself a moderate Republican.  LOL. 
      February 12, 2020 1:19 PM MST

"Moderate Republicans" don't forsake Christ and support Trump
      February 12, 2020 5:08 PM MST

Is it really so important to you that people adhere to labels? 
      February 12, 2020 4:26 PM MST

I am simply trying to understand how he was given the label. 
      February 12, 2020 6:07 PM MST

It might be just as important to understand who applies the labels. What is moderate? Says who? Relative to what? 
    Anyone left of Rush Limbaugh is not the definition of liberal, for instance; despite what he spends 3 hrs a day convincing himself. 

Seems to me it is more important to focus on what resonates with us, and what doesn’t; not on simplistic labels other people invent.   

We can be “conservative” on some issues and “liberal” or “moderate” on others. I believe most thinking people are. We are well served to avoid being bamboozled by labels. The same could be said about the obsession to bloviate about “trends”. 

It‘s a flawed exercise in relativity, and it promotes divisiveness. Pressed forward by vested interests who pose as experts. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at February 12, 2020 7:08 PM MST
      February 12, 2020 6:50 PM MST

No one mentioned Rush. No one claims Rush is a moderate. 

Of course people can and do have different policy positions. 

I am simply asking what issues is Pete not liberal on.  So far we got 2...military funding and Medicare for all. And no one has come up with anything else. 
      February 12, 2020 8:31 PM MST

Perhaps because so few are as tied down with labels as you.

You completely missed the analogy that I used Rush Limbaugh for, ... and the main point it emphasized about labels.   Smh

February 12, 2020 8:45 PM MST

Perhaps you missed that I am asking about policies. What policies is he not far left on? 
      February 13, 2020 4:24 AM MST

• Who the Hell cares if he's a moderate or not?  Neither is that bumbling bafoon we have in the White House currently.  Although Trumps fooled a lot of gullible Republicans into believing he is in order to advance himself.  
    This post was edited by my2cents at February 13, 2020 4:28 AM MST
      February 12, 2020 4:54 PM MST

No one believes Trump is a moderate. The base of the party does not want a moderate. 

The media keeps claiming Pete is a moderate. I do not agree.  And was trying to see if anyone has any information I have not seen. And as of yet...we have he supports military speeding and does not support Medicare for all. 
      February 12, 2020 6:04 PM MST

• Perhaps he seems moderate to some in the democratic party when propped up against someone like Bernie.  Everything is relative ya know.  To a Republican he may not seem moderate at all but come on m2c he's not exactly fringe.  You and I both know fringe (ultra-liberal and ultra-conservative) on both sides and I'm sorry Mayor Pete just isn't fringe.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 12, 2020 6:53 PM MST
      February 12, 2020 6:25 PM MST

Again....policy. So far 2 policies. And every other box is checked for far left liberal. 

Prochoice 
    Pro gun control
    Higher taxes (on the rich of course)
    Legal drugs
    Making illegal entry legal
    Healthcare to noncitizens
    Against Charter schools/school choice
    Etc etc etc. 

February 12, 2020 8:27 PM MST