Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A mugger sez voting by mail makes FRAUD TOO EASY TO COMMIT IN THE HOME! I think oppositely. What do YOU think and why?

A mugger sez voting by mail makes FRAUD TOO EASY TO COMMIT IN THE HOME! I think oppositely. What do YOU think and why?

Posted - February 14, 2020

Responses

In the home?  

WHAT does that even mean?  A husband is gonna steal his wife's vote?  That is insane.

More likely some idiots are stealing votes out of mailboxes.    And sending them in.  But that is also weird.  

If there is graft and corruption it will be where the votes are counted.  Those are the people to watch.  That is the machinery to study.  The computer processors and the computers themselves.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 15, 2020 3:03 AM MST
      February 14, 2020 9:32 AM MST

From my answers on that prior post:

My friend's family is like that.
    They are so dominated by the "patriarchal" father, that even as adults they "have to" go to his house and all fill out their ballots like daddy does.  His way or the highway.  They are literally told not to visit or call and removed from his will, if they don't vote the same as him - or how he tells them, if they have a different ballot (different state rep, etc).  Even their spouses are expected to "toe the line".

Oregon and Washington only allow mail-in ballots.

As I've said before, they are proof of voter fraud and illegal voting.
    They have "motor voter" registration.  Which means anybody (18 or over) who gets a driver's license is automatically registered to vote.
    They do not check against any database to prevent "undocumented workers" from registering.
    Oregon outright refuses to do so, and even runs seminars to help "undocumented" get state services they aren't legally eligible for.

And you're right that it's also where the counting occurs.
    It's not uncommon for boxes of ballots to be "misplaced" and then later "found", especially when a state election is close.
    One year, they kept finding boxes until the Democrat won - and then after a judge ruled that only ballots found for certain (Democrat) districts could be counted in the recount.  Some boxes were found in private homes of people who "forgot" to drop them off when they were collected.  Even though they had dropped off other boxes on the same collection day.  Hmmmmmm.  Nope, no fraud there.
    Personally, I think any ballots that were "misplaced" - that broke the "chain of evidence" and they should never be counted, because there is no guarantee they weren't tampered with.
      February 14, 2020 1:09 PM MST

I think so too Sharon. OUT THERE is where the fraud is occurring in my opinion. That reponse was an attack on voting by mail which we do. The person said the only way to make sure there is no fraud is to go out to vote. That makes no sense to me at all. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 15, 2020 3:05 AM MST

How does in person voting cause fraud?  Bring your ID to the polling place Get your paper ballot. You alone fill it out. (If computer it should print out your ballot out and you should have to verify each vote) No pressure from spouse/family/friends etc while in that polling booth.  You put your ballot in the counter. 

No lost ballots. No boxes of ballots found. No question who filled out the ballot. No vote harvesting.  Fraud is invited in the door when a ballot is mail in. This post was edited by my2cents at February 15, 2020 6:35 AM MST
      February 15, 2020 6:34 AM MST

I will defer to journalist Greg Palast who has spent much of his career covering election integrity.

He asserts voting by mail is an invitation to fraud. NOT by the voters (the overwhelming majority of whom see voting as an important civic duty), but by the election officials and offices.

While I think the results of the 2000 Presidential election disabused any American paying attention of the notion their vote is guaranteed to get counted, voting by mail heightens the chance of votes going missing or uncounted, either by accident or by deliberate action.

Perhaps if all ballots were assigned tracking numbers and tracked the way UPS/FedEx/etc. track their packages, I would be OK with mail-in voting. But such a system would be immensely expensive and has the potential to violate the anonymity of voters.

I'd prefer we have a universal system of paper-based voting, make Election Day a national holiday, and offer some sort of "nudge" incentive to reward people for showing up to the polls (they don't necessarily have to vote for anything or anyone, but they do have to turn in a ballot).
      February 15, 2020 8:13 AM MST