Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Will you please stop being a sperglord and moving my threads to broken statements section so it dies immediately?

Will you please stop being a sperglord and moving my threads to broken statements section so it dies immediately?

This arbitrary crap doesn't help the site or any users.  Stop doing it.

Posted - February 15, 2020

Responses

• I agree, I noticed a week ago they had two regular users put on a suspension too.when there’s only ten active users right now why push them away ffs. I don’t understand the whole statements section thing, at least leave it on the boards and call it a statement ffs. 
      February 15, 2020 4:55 PM MST

• Yeah, face it. Most people who come here don't use the home page, they are going to the questions section like normal netizens.  The statements don't get shown and the way t is set up you have open up the questions tab scroll down to.statements..  Its stupid and broken so give it up
      February 15, 2020 4:58 PM MST

• I still don’t know how to look up sections and even if did wouldn’t bother....I found  your “statement“ by going on your profile. 
      February 15, 2020 5:02 PM MST

• Its a PITA.  You got to click the questions button but just right and it opens up to options that take forever to load.
      February 15, 2020 5:15 PM MST

• Is that an option on mobile? I just tried it and see nothing. 
      February 15, 2020 5:16 PM MST

• Nvm, I see it now. 
      February 15, 2020 5:17 PM MST

• PITA right?
      February 15, 2020 5:18 PM MST

• Okay, I don’t know what Pita means... DONT JUDGE ME. 
      February 15, 2020 5:19 PM MST

If want to see statements click "Discussion" on the menu up top....
    Discussion....Questions...Category....(actual Question) 
      February 15, 2020 5:29 PM MST

• Glis explained it to me, I’d never known how to look up categories before just then though lol. I really don’t see the point in looking at categories when there’s only about ten questions a day here . It made sense and I loved categories when I was on ask Cos there was thousands of questions an hour then. I personally don’t see the point of it on here. but I get not my site, not my decision. 
      February 15, 2020 5:32 PM MST

Some of us do use the categories. I know some don't.

I use the category page all day. I can skim it and seen if any new posts were made in each category. 
    When I first got here it was crazy. Every question was in "answermug".  
    I tend to goto politics and religion but had battle through everything else to find them. 

February 15, 2020 5:44 PM MST

• I see, that’s fair, I’ve just never used the site that way so I doubt I will now that I know how... I don’t like change lol. 
      February 15, 2020 5:51 PM MST

Huh?  I miss all the good stuff!
      February 15, 2020 4:58 PM MST

• You missed it because it got moved to the section no one knows about or looks in and threads are sent to die.  Because we are anal sperglords and it didn't end with a question mark.
      February 15, 2020 5:00 PM MST

Ahhhhh.  Well if the wording is actually a question I say leave it alone.  Some statements really do belong in the statement section though.  
      February 15, 2020 5:08 PM MST

• Why? So nobody can see them? Just rename it questions and statements if it triggers irrational and arbitrary OCD.

Is it really that big of a deal? Is it really important? Done a do anything important here? Ever?
      February 15, 2020 5:14 PM MST

No reason to lower the bar.  It's a QnA site, so ask questions.  If you cannot put your post in question form, go to the statement section.  It's not like no one goes to the statement section.  I do sometimes myself.  
      February 15, 2020 6:11 PM MST

• A statement can start a discussion. How is that lowering the bar? They are called “discussions“ not questions. When there’s about 10 questions a day I see no point in separating. I could see if this was a busy site , but it is not right now. 
      February 15, 2020 6:17 PM MST

• I think I’m going to make a bunch of statements. 
      February 15, 2020 5:18 PM MST

Statements section is not broken. 
    But it is where statements belong. 
      February 15, 2020 5:32 PM MST