Discussion » Questions » Finance » should i show my face to a fundraiser online or not ?

should i show my face to a fundraiser online or not ?

I created a fundraiser, and i have to find ways to share it , but they say if you show your face, you get more credibility but at the same time i feel like showing my face would make people freak out lol ?

Posted - February 16, 2020

Responses

A fundraiser for what?
      February 16, 2020 6:43 PM MST

Is this process automated or can you talk to someone in charge?
    Maybe if you send them a photo of your face they could offer advice?

If there's something very unusual about your face,
    something that might be regarded as a deformity,
    it could work in your favour if it's in some way related to your cause,
    for instance, if it's a charity to help reduce prejudice and discrimination.
      February 16, 2020 7:05 PM MST

i had surgery on my face and well its still shifting the appearance for now; but the fundraiser has nothing to do with it.

it is money to purchase myself a citizenship to another country 

February 16, 2020 9:34 PM MST

Are you kidding?  Get out and earn money for your adventure desires.  Why should others fund such a venture?  
      February 17, 2020 8:55 AM MST

Let me see if I've understood this correctly.
    This fundraiser you've started is not for charity.
    It's more like crowd-funding for a personal project. Is that right?

I'm trying to piece together what I can remember from your past posts, but I might not get it right.
    I gather that you've had some periods of great difficulty, possibly living rough, camping in wilderness, being on the very edge of survival and in dire poverty. At some point, somehow, you've ended up back at home with your parents and trying to get a job and become independent. But you've experienced difficulties with that.
    It's really hard to know exactly what's going on without more specific information. There are many places in the world where jobs are hard to get and where young people are at a disadvantage in the job market due to lack of experience. But there are ways of overcoming this obstacle through education and training.
    If you've had recent facial surgery, some places might be reluctant to employ you in jobs with a public face - but that still leaves plenty of other kinds of jobs, and the relative disfigurement is only temporary.

I'm wondering what your level of education is and whether you've had any challenges while going through your school years.
      February 17, 2020 9:34 AM MST

You've already shared your photo on here and no one freaked out. I don't see why the fundraiser would be any different.
      February 16, 2020 7:43 PM MST

That's your decision, not ours.
      February 16, 2020 10:44 PM MST