Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I just heard something awful if true. That the Bernie folks will only vote if he is the dem candidate. Otherwise they won't. IS THAT TRUE?

I just heard something awful if true. That the Bernie folks will only vote if he is the dem candidate. Otherwise they won't. IS THAT TRUE?

Posted - February 26, 2020

Responses

I do not know enough to make a guess. 
      February 26, 2020 9:41 AM MST

Geez m2c me too neither. That's why I asked. If your party chose another candidate would you not vote too? I'm gonna vote for whomever the dems choose. I may hold my nose while doing it but I'll vote. I'm shocked. I keep saying that. I am boring myself. Thank you for your reply.
      February 26, 2020 9:58 AM MST

I voted for Romney and McCain. My last choices on the list.
      February 26, 2020 10:03 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

It probably IS true..  Look..  Could you see ANY of the MAGA folks voting for a Jeb Bush??  No, you can't..  That's why Bernie's people will NEVER vote for a Biden, or a Klobashar, or a Mayor Pete..

excon
      February 26, 2020 9:49 AM MST

The candidate I wanted to run was Kamala Harris. She withdrew. I am unfond of all those remaining but whomever the Dem candidate is I shall support. I expect you are a Bernie person excon unless your defense for him is simple courtesy. So that means you would not vote either if you WERE a bernie person. How is that not putting your own prejudiced partisanship above everything? You would rather have the vile dumb don stay on for another 4 years? That is GROTESQUE in my opinion. I guess I'm naive but I think it would be UNCONSCIONABLE to have such a hissy fit snit that if your favorite candidate did not run you would run away become a CIPHER. Gonna ask about it. Thank you for your reply excon and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 26, 2020 10:08 AM MST

Guess we will find out in due time, won't we? There are the proverbial two possibilities. It certainly is not worth stressing out over.
      February 26, 2020 10:09 AM MST

If Bernie doesn't run as the Democrat Party candidate ... and his base is serious about not voting for anybody else ... he could run as a "dark horse" 3rd Party candidate.  Not like he would be pulling votes from anybody else, since his supporters weren't going to vote for them, anyway.  Maybe he could even put together a coalition of 3rd Parties - that would be something to see.
      February 26, 2020 1:01 PM MST