Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What do you think of the US-Taliban peace deal that sets the stage for withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan?

What do you think of the US-Taliban peace deal that sets the stage for withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan?

Good for Trump?

Posted - February 29, 2020

Responses

I believe that as soon as most or all of the US troops are gone, the Taliban will do whatever it wants with respect to killing anyone who does not conform to its demands.  However, it is time for us to get out of there and let the Afghans take care of themselves.  We have provided the with training and material and if they still can't defend themselves, they are a lost cause.  Not one more American troop should die defending those who don't want to defend themselves.
      February 29, 2020 10:59 AM MST

Is Pres Heelspurs leaving a war zone? Did he negotiate any treaty? What leaders did he meet with?
    I can assure you no one is leaving Afghanistan solely because of Donald Trump.

About friggin’ time (if withdrawal actually happens).
    Good for America, on Trump’s watch. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 1, 2020 10:15 AM MST
      February 29, 2020 11:25 AM MST

Ever since US military personnel first arrived in Middle Eastern countries, the political football about withdrawal has been kicked around incessantly, while those same servicemen and servicewomen are killed or wounded (both physically and mentally). It’s been going on for at least the past six to eight presidential administrations, so whenever I hear news reports about withdrawing US military forces from that region of the world, it sounds like nothing more than the boy who cried wolf.  As such, instead of giving credence to lip service and/or sound bites, I won’t believe rumors of withdrawal until after it’s already happened.  It matters not to me who is in office when that happens, it’s more important that it gets done. 
    ~

This post was edited by Randy D at March 3, 2020 9:07 AM MST
      February 29, 2020 11:24 PM MST

If withdrawal happens. 
      March 2, 2020 7:38 AM MST

A pipe dream, fiction
      March 2, 2020 12:20 PM MST