Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Durdle
Danilo_G
DannyPetti
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » To your knowledge, has anyone ever called in an anonymous tip against you that prompted some type of investigation?

To your knowledge, has anyone ever called in an anonymous tip against you that prompted some type of investigation?

(Detective, I swear that she wanted to be locked up in my basement making sandwiches for eight weeks. It was her life’s dream.)

~

Posted - March 11, 2020

Responses

Yes.  Animal control had to come out and inspect out tortoise tank. Someone reported that we were not taking care of it properly. The AC officer said that was in fact one pampered tortoise. 

A public health inspector had to come and see what kind of sealer we use on our product. Again they said we were fine. But someone turned in a complaint after smelling it in the air.
      March 11, 2020 6:10 AM MDT

(out our)
      March 11, 2020 6:14 AM MDT

• About a month after I left my job before the one I currently have I had the FBI show up at my house looking for me. I had already gone to work so of course they just managed to terrify my wife.  I met with them and found out that my prior employer had some sort of computer intrusion.  Nothing stolen or anything but a ton of settings messed with that resulted in the delay of some bank deposits. Not sure what their IT person saw but they pointed the finger at me as the culprit. The agents asked me to take a polygraph and I said I didn't want to do that without talking to a lawyer first. They did ask my current employer if they could review my computer system which they allowed...and they found nothing. I never heard anything more about it from the FBI but my current boss did say he talked to the agents several weeks later and was informed that their investigation was dropped after finding out the settings were changed from the internal server . Not sure why they didn't check that before talking to me but whatever. Anyway my best guess is that the new moron they hired after I left messed something up and did the time honored tradition of just blaming the person that wasn't there anymore ,lol. 
      March 11, 2020 6:18 AM MDT

Not that I'm aware of.

I did have a neighbor call the cops on me for shooting their dog.
    But I was defending myself, when the dog charged out of their yard - and they refused to call it back after I yelled at them to do so.
    So when the dog continued acting very aggressive, and getting closer - yeah, I shot it.
    Officer ruled it was justified, and told the neighbor to keep control of the dog.  (It had been reported numerous times for attacking pedestrians.)
      March 11, 2020 11:41 AM MDT