Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can you think of an example where someone took credit when things are going well, but not the blame when things go wrong?

Can you think of an example where someone took credit when things are going well, but not the blame when things go wrong?

Posted - March 13, 2020

Responses

The current US President and everything in his life. For one recent example, let’s single out the stock market. 
      March 13, 2020 6:05 PM MDT

It's uncanny...I was thinking the same thing.
      March 13, 2020 6:06 PM MDT

It’s the most obvious answer.

I was convinced that is what you had in mind when you posted this question. :) 

March 13, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

Funny my thought was Obama.  For his entire 1st term he blamed Bush and is trying to take credit for the Trump ecomony. 

I don't remember if W blamed Clinton or Clinton blamed Bush Sr.  
      March 13, 2020 6:14 PM MDT

So, inheriting an economic disaster from W and passing on a growing economy to Trump completely escapes you. Got it. 

(No need to respond, that was an observation, not a question)

March 13, 2020 6:26 PM MDT

At least you did not deny Obama blamed W the entire first term.   Or that the economy is better under Trump. 
      March 13, 2020 7:17 PM MDT

What is to deny? Obama did blame W, and not without cause: Bush left an historic mess that took nearly two terms to turn around. 
    The economy that the Chump inherited was well on the upswing already. He walked into a fertile economy and proceeded to rain praise on himself for all of the good parts. Now he refuses responsibility for the fall of the markets he tirelessly crowed his sole claim for the rise of. 

Not my boggle if you choose to excuse the epic hypocrisy there. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 14, 2020 10:35 AM MDT
      March 13, 2020 8:06 PM MDT

I have had people here deny Obama blamed W. 

Clinton signed the banking deregulations. But W did not fix it. 
      March 14, 2020 7:32 AM MDT