Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you think Trump would exploit the coronavirus crisis for authoritarian ends?

Do you think Trump would exploit the coronavirus crisis for authoritarian ends?

When he can no longer lie or deny he'll blame immigrants,  journalists,  people of color,  liberals and other enemies. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/14/trump-may-exploit-coronavirus-crisis

Posted - March 14, 2020

Responses

I think Trump would do anything to maintain his authority.  He will never take responsibility for anything that goes wrong - it's always someone else's fault.  I believe he has serious mental issues along with cognitive decline and that makes him dangerous.  What I'm even more concerned about is that Congress - particularly the GOP - has just about given up on oversight of him and his administration.  They have given him far too much leeway and are setting a dangerous precedent.  Four more years of Trump's fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants, chaotic presidency and this country will no longer be the United States of America as we know it.
      March 14, 2020 9:55 AM MDT

I think the proof of his past tendencies show Trump even tries to contrive personal advantage where none exists, outside of his fantasies. Of course he would suck every milligram of (even imaginary) credit from any situation. 

Proof in point: the stock market takes a record pounding (from the fallout of his growing failure to manage a real crisis - not of his own creation) and quickly posts an image of his signature across a page of stock results the only day they didn’t drop that week. 

The traditional term for this is demagoguery. The method is despotic. Nero. 

March 14, 2020 3:05 PM MDT