Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you think it would be a good idea to ease up CDC restrictions so the coronavirus can get back to work ?

Do you think it would be a good idea to ease up CDC restrictions so the coronavirus can get back to work ?

Posted - March 24, 2020

Responses

I think we should allow people to work. If they are not ill in states that do not have an lot of cases.  Especially if the medicines being tested continue to show results.  Tell people in high risk groups to do what they believe is safest for them. 
      March 24, 2020 3:00 PM MDT

Yes people should get back to work too.

(after the pandemic is over) This post was edited by Kittigate at March 24, 2020 4:40 PM MDT
      March 24, 2020 3:15 PM MDT

People who show no symptoms can transmit the virus anyway, so you think it's OK for possible carriers to go out and unwittingly infect others?  Stop believing the dreck that Trump is pumping out and take advice from medical professionals who know their subject.  
      March 24, 2020 4:36 PM MDT

130 cases in my state.....my state was not shutdown other than local orders.
      March 24, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

130 cases that you know of.  What about people who don't show symptoms who can transmit the virus to others.  Stop listening to Trump and start listening to the people who know medicine.  Stop eating up everything Trump says because it comports with what YOU want, not what's best for the country.  
      March 24, 2020 5:14 PM MDT

As I said if you are a risk person stay home. The majority of cases are minor. We have 30,000-50,000 die from the flu every year. (Same high risk groups except this does not seem to hit children) Shut down in for 130 cases is stupid.  People not having a home or food kills as well.
      March 24, 2020 5:45 PM MDT

You just don't understand, do you?  Well, someone else will have to explain it to you because I'm out of patience.
      March 24, 2020 9:31 PM MDT

Did I read that right? No. Not for that reason. 
      March 24, 2020 3:12 PM MDT

Little bit of a twist in the wording there.
      March 24, 2020 3:16 PM MDT

By all means.  The poor virus is finding it harder and harder to infect people.  Remember, this virus has a lot of children.  If it stays out of work for too long, it'll lose its 'housing'.  Then where will its children live?  They'll be out on the street begging.  "Pardon me, sir, but may I infect you?  I'm hungry and it's so cold out here on the streets."  I say ease the restriction.  Let the poor virus live.  After all, viruses have rights too. 
      March 24, 2020 5:01 PM MDT

No. 
      March 24, 2020 6:02 PM MDT

The arguments I have heard in favor of easing restrictions show a complete lack of understanding  and a level of selfishness that I simply cannot fathom. Comparing it to the flu, for example. Hospitals are prepared with adequate resources for the flu or other conditions. Those resources will not stretch far enough to treat COVID-19 in addition to what was previously expected.  Saying that most people are not high-risk completely discounts the number of low-risk people who are now seriously ill and those with mild symptoms who continue to spread the virus.  Saying that 'there are not a lot of cases in my area so we should carry on as normal' shows that they don't understand that only proactive measures will keep it that way. There is no point in wasting time or energy trying to convince people of facts that are in front of them and that they choose to disregard.
      March 25, 2020 5:58 AM MDT