Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The fake religious PRETENDERS insist you have to gather together to worship GOD. The TRUE BELIEVER knows better. Why?

The fake religious PRETENDERS insist you have to gather together to worship GOD. The TRUE BELIEVER knows better. Why?

Because if GOD is not already WITHIN the person HE IS NOWHERE.

All that bogus claptrap notwithstanding there are more phonies that profess a belief in GOD than there are grains of sand on all the beaches of the world. Phonies and fakes and charlatans and con artists and scammers and shameful blasphemous scoundrels. GOD IS OMNIPRESENT. Maybe they need to look up what that word means exactly. OMNIPRESENT means EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME. Fakes phonies braggarts liars the lot of them.

Posted - April 14, 2020

Responses

Bible says 'Do not forsake the gathering together of believers'.....so how does following the Bible make one a pretender? 
      April 14, 2020 7:42 AM MDT

The bible also says to love your neighbor.  How is possibly putting one's neighbor in danger showing love them love? 

"Do to others as you would like them to do to you" - Jesus
      April 14, 2020 10:28 AM MDT

Driving to a parking lot and sitting in your car is not endangering anyone. And many who live alone could use seeing others believers they know...safely.   
      April 14, 2020 12:25 PM MDT

It's not those, it is the ones who are inside.
      April 14, 2020 12:41 PM MDT

I think equating a prohibition such as "Do not forsake" with an exhortation to do the inverse action makes one a pretender.

Here's an interesting article from Psychology Today---Anti-intellectualism Is Killing America---Social dysfunction can be traced to the abandonment of reason. 
      April 14, 2020 12:17 PM MDT

It is far easier to sweep the dust off a floor using a broom made of twigs than using a single twig. In the same way, acts of devotion - prayer, meditation, chanting - feel more powerful when there are a number of people gathered together in one place for a common purpose, than if it's one person alone. At least that is my experience as a Buddhist. But if you are able to get a sense of spiritual fulfilment in the sanctuary of your own home, good for you!
      April 14, 2020 10:10 AM MDT

I left the church years ago Rev. It kept getting in the way. I talk to GOD daily and have since I was a very little girl. As long ago as I have any memories of it. I don't need anyone to make me feel closer to GOD than I already do. It is a very personal relationship consisting of the two of us. That is why I am very suspicious of those who need others to be with them to sense GOD's presence. I mean no disrespect to you. I admire Buddhists for what I know of them. They remain detached from outcomes knowing that all of life has a purpose...dark and light, good and bad, happy and sad. They simply accept what is without judging it. That is not so easy to do. I visited a Buddhist Temple when I was in Honolulu years ago. The sense of peace that was there was incredible. The stillness. I still remember the stillness. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and again if I have offended you in any way I apologize. I would never want to hurt you in any way. Happy Tuesday Rev. I hope you and yours are doing well under the circumstances of our lives! :)
      April 14, 2020 11:50 AM MDT

Many people know of God but they don't know God.  The Pharisees knew of God, but they didn't know Him - even when He stood right in front of them.  

In Jesus' time, the Sabbath was a very holy day.  God had explicitly said it was to be a day of rest.  Yet, how many times did Jesus confront the Pharisees about the Sabbath?  Was it lawful for Jesus to heal a person on the sabbath?  Was it lawful for his disciples to pick grain to eat when they were hungry on the sabbath?   As Jesus said, people follow the "law" but understand its meaning.  God has but 1 law, and that's to love.  Those who insist that they must gather together during a time when its not advisable - not due to government persecution, but due to health reasons - are only showing that they think they're more important than anyone else...including God.

These people need to read what Jesus said very carefully... 

Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.   Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’  But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

If one doesn't truly "know" God, He won't "know" them either.

April 14, 2020 11:03 AM MDT

Do such people really fool themselves or do they know they are phonies and just think others are so stupid they will buy the lie? Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. I believe it will be lost on them entirely. But those of us who understand your point appreciate your making it! :)
      April 14, 2020 12:44 PM MDT

They are lulled into believing that what they do is ok. Satan is very crafty.  You've heard how to boil a frog?  Well, Satan does that with us.  He gets us to think we're following God when in fact we're following ourselves.   There's a reason Jesus said, "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."
      April 14, 2020 1:13 PM MDT

Being stupid helps the devil to trick us. Being vile is also helpful. Supporting venal with a passion never before seen is right up Satan's alley. Millions of adoring worshippers of the white house entertainer are pawns in the cloven hoofs of Satan and they are obtusely oblivious to it. Robotic automatons. Thank you for your reply Shuhak.
      April 15, 2020 4:04 AM MDT

On the one hand, probably one of the more unique singular acts we will do is die---and if God exists, the question of God's existence will most likely be answered immediately.

At that point, our unique individual relationship with the God we think exists, will either be immediately significant (or infinitely superfluous).

On the other hand, Matthew 18:20 King James Version (KJV) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

So to me, it seems reasonable that neither is sufficient and that both are necessary over the course of a lifetime and with reference to external circumstances that---by nature---may change over time. 
      April 14, 2020 12:30 PM MDT

I think crowds are fine for those who require them. More than one is a crowd where GOD and I are concerned.  I never did never have never will require others to reach HIM.. Different strokes tom. My relationship with GOD is one on one and always has been. I need no one else around me to feel HIS presence. I cannot remember a day when I didn't talk to HIM. I don't pray to him to give me anything or do anything but give me strength to see whatever it is through. That's it. I dare not ask for more than that because that would be very selfish of me. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 14, 2020 12:59 PM MDT