Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What was the last email message you reluctantly sent, and why was it problematic? ~

What was the last email message you reluctantly sent, and why was it problematic? ~

Posted - April 21, 2020

Responses

It was a letter of apology. The short version is, I was told lies about someone by someone I should have been able to trust. And, while I didn't act on those lies, I'm sure my belief in them shaped my relationship with the person being lied about, just as the liar intended. 

Hindsight, the rift between the liar and one being lied about came about because the liar was behaving very badly and the other person stood up to them in order to protect me and others from harm. Double whammy. 

I was reluctant because I wished I'd never believed the lies in the first place and didn't want to open up old wounds for the person who had been lied about. I was also worried they'd react to me. But, I couldn't leave potential bad blood. That person didn't get a fair shake and I not only owed them an apology but my gratitude for being a champion. 

It worked out ok in the end. I'm glad I sent it. 

What prompted this question?
      April 21, 2020 6:29 PM MDT

After reading all of that just one time, I’m too dizzy and faint to respond coherently . . .

~
      April 21, 2020 9:59 PM MDT

Consider yourself lucky. I edited that and shortened it three times. :p
      April 21, 2020 10:40 PM MDT

Nothing in particular prompted the question, I was just fishing around for AnswerMug fodder, Mudder. 

~
      April 22, 2020 12:30 AM MDT

Someone from my past called me about 10 days ago.  We talked a few minutes and it was fine to touch base.  He has lost a second wife and in a sad place.  But then he sent an email to ask if he could fly down to visit me.  He shouldn't ask that, should he?  He knows I'm happy with how my life is.  Still, I found it kind of hard to say no, but I did.  
      April 22, 2020 1:41 AM MDT

Thank you.
    ~
      October 1, 2022 8:47 PM MDT