Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What is your opinion of the large organized street protests against stay-at-home orders and denied access to public venues? ~

What is your opinion of the large organized street protests against stay-at-home orders and denied access to public venues? ~

Posted - April 21, 2020

Responses

Bill Burr the comedian will have a heyday with this one.  He talks about thinning the herd of in the way people. In Bill's version, no one dies. But now its no joke, they are really doing it and people will die.   I just don't want them to take me with them with their crazy ideas. 

This post was edited by . at April 21, 2020 1:38 PM MDT
      April 21, 2020 7:57 AM MDT

I understand the desire to go back to their normal way of life and take care of themselves and their families, but it puts too many people at risk of falling victim to the virus, especially because it is so easily transmittable.  Of course, that's easy for me to say since I am not financially pressed, can work remotely from home, continuing to earn my salary, and even if I weren't, I can live on my Social Security.  
      April 21, 2020 1:32 PM MDT

People are idiots.
      April 21, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

They are absolutely entitled to their opinions, and I absolutely support their right to protest. I understand their grievances, and I was certain that we’d start seeing this at some point.

I did see a couple of gun nuts brandishing their assault rifles, I don’t agree that was either reasonable or necessary. Bad form. Courage doesn't need guns in public forums, but cowards do. 

April 21, 2020 1:48 PM MDT

It depends in large part on their reasons for protesting. There is a difference between needing a massage and needing to feed your family.  My own sacrifices don't compare to those don't have a sufficient income. Protests can focus the spotlight on where the real needs are and help toward finding workable solutions.
      April 21, 2020 5:57 PM MDT

People are right to be suspicious.  I want to see things opening back up and the economy cranked up.  Where we are now puts us in a vulnerable state the likes of which I never expected to see in my life.
      April 22, 2020 1:27 AM MDT