Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Okay, isn’t it now Vice President Mike Pence’s turn to man-up and simply admit he was wrong?

Okay, isn’t it now Vice President Mike Pence’s turn to man-up and simply admit he was wrong?

Technically, this is really more appropriate as a statement than a question: the answer is obvious. 

I’m referring to Spence’s Pence’s visit to a medical facility where, among others, COVID19 patients were being treated. All of the people on the medical staff in attendance were wearing facial masks, Spence Pence was not. When approached about putting on a facial mask, Spence Pence refused, even though it would have been beneficial in assuring more protection for others, if not for himself. 

:[

Posted - April 29, 2020

Responses

Agreed
    But we know he won't
      April 29, 2020 9:50 AM MDT

I'm not sure what specifically you're referring to, but if it was a line that Trump was spouting, he can't admit he was wrong without admitting so was Trump.
      April 29, 2020 10:37 AM MDT

I’ve added a description. 
    ~
      April 29, 2020 12:05 PM MDT

That would be "PENCE" not "Spence."
      April 29, 2020 2:05 PM MDT

Doh!

April 29, 2020 2:27 PM MDT

You missed one.
      April 29, 2020 6:21 PM MDT

April 29, 2020 6:29 PM MDT

The reason he gave last night on the news was that he is tested frequently and doesn't have the virus.  He doesn't have a lot of things.
      April 29, 2020 2:06 PM MDT

He also said he wanted to be able to look people in the eye. Perhaps he doesn't understand how to wear a mask. He's not the only public official who does not - this is the governor of FL wearing his mask sideways.

April 29, 2020 6:28 PM MDT

On this particular face mask, the bottom elastic strap is supposed to go around the head first and rest just at or just above the nape of the neck, then the top strap is supposed to go where he has it in the photo. The way he has the bottom strap dangling defeats the purpose of the face mask almost 90% because there’s no continuous tight seal around the nose and mouth.  The way he has the bottom part of the face mask flapping in the breeze, all of his allergens are free to escape and can attach to other people, and all allergens outside of the face mask are free to enter his mouth and nose by the same route.

Overall, I believe the written label on the front part of the face mask that can be seen by his chin is supposed to be on top by his nose, so he’s wearing it upside-down. 

~
      April 29, 2020 6:42 PM MDT

Friggin Republicans
      April 29, 2020 6:50 PM MDT

That doesn’t really make sense nor does it apply accurately. It assumes that any person who is not a Republican would not do the same thing, commit the same error. It seems that an erudite person such as yourself would be above such errata, even though and/or notwithstanding your abhorrence of people in the Republican Party. 
    ___
      April 29, 2020 6:55 PM MDT

Sarcasm, Randy. Lighten up, dude. 

Erudite, you say? 

April 29, 2020 7:04 PM MDT

One has to wear one’s stripes: if it’s a constant refrain of yours, it’s difficult to distinguish when you’re supposedly being sarcastic and when you’re not. 

Hey, wait a second, claiming sarcasm after the fact as a defense, haven’t we seen that quite recently . . . ?

And yes, erudite. You and I don’t need to see eye-to-eye on all issues for me to be mature enough to recognize in you your above-average intelligence. It is partially because of that obvious intelligence that I find it beneath you to stoop low.   Not every person of any group or subgroup with which you find fault or with whom you disagree is automatically all bad, nor is every person of every group or subgroup to which you belong/identity automatically all good. 

April 29, 2020 9:44 PM MDT

I can see the wheels turning over there, Randy, and don’t think it goes unappreciated. 

Just keeping you on your toes, I think the remark about Republicans would have come over funnier had we not been in a written forum. 

April 30, 2020 4:39 AM MDT

I understand, Don. You’re right; mood, tone and pitch don’t always translate very well on a screen. Thank you. 
    ~
      April 30, 2020 6:20 AM MDT

And here I thought this was a special kind of mask made for people like Mitch McConnell to fit under his sagging chin.
      April 29, 2020 7:48 PM MDT

He has to be a man to man-up. He can't wear a mask around trump because is nose is in trump's a**.
      April 29, 2020 11:42 AM MDT

Pence manning-up is an oxymoron; like military intelligence, jumbo shrimp, or Creation science. 
      April 29, 2020 12:03 PM MDT

Do as I say, not as I do. The guy's a moron. All government officials should be wearing masks in public, including Trump and his coronavirus task-force. 
      April 29, 2020 3:04 PM MDT

To me, it sounded like he was saying that he was too important to follow the guidelines. He was at Mayo to learn about their work in expanding badly needed testing capabilities. While millions of people cannot get tests, he is bragging that he and his colleagues get all the tests they want. As head of the Virus Task Force, he should be expected to model the behavior that will slow the spread. How anyone can listen to this man and think he is anything but smarmy is beyond me.
      April 29, 2020 6:40 PM MDT

Im I'm referring...
      April 29, 2020 6:44 PM MDT

Doh!

April 29, 2020 6:46 PM MDT