Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If no limitations are placed on you how much of your former life do you plan to resume and how much will you just let go?

If no limitations are placed on you how much of your former life do you plan to resume and how much will you just let go?

Posted - May 5, 2020

Responses

Our way of life MUST change - it has to.  The problem is no one wants it to change.  They want it back exactly as it was.  But how it "was" is what allowed the virus to spread in the first place.  It doesn't have to be radically different, but it must be different.  
      May 5, 2020 10:25 AM MDT

Speak for yourself m'dear. I shall NEVER be able to go back to the way things were. I shook hands with everyone. I hugged tons of people every time I went to a market. Now? I'm afraid of everyone all the time. Well not afraid but I avert my eyes and just focus on purchasing. I go to the market and FOCUS on my marketing list. It takes longer now because we have to be six feet apart. We have to wait for someone to make a selection and MOVE ALONG before we can go to that place and select. We can't count on having available what's on our list so we substitute. We want to get in, get our stuff, pay and get out as fast as we can. No meandering or strolling or lollygagging or reading labels. FAST is where it's at. Been doing this since mid-March. Now it's my MO. Sad thing is this is my NEW NORMAL. Anything else and I'm not gonna do it. SIGH. I speak for me only. Others are on their own. I missed the old ways for a few weeks. I miss them less and less each day. You see I adapt adjust and settle. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Brave new world? I think as the number of cases rise and the number of deaths which is the unavoidable concomitant of opening up too early people will just not give a dam*. Dying will be the new normal. How sad is that? :)
      May 5, 2020 1:53 PM MDT

I am back at work today.  Yay me. 

I have seen customers today and expect to see more as the days continue. :)

No one is being forced to do anything.  But life will and must continue.  I personally refuse to live in fear and lock myself in my home. 
      May 5, 2020 1:25 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply  m2c. How long that mental attitude lasts remains to be seen. Good luck.
      May 5, 2020 1:53 PM MDT

I never had much of a life to start with :P I only ever went to work and volunteering and apart from that I was home, doing housework. No time for anything else really..  Currently I am working from home and volunteering from home.. so really apart from the travel to and from work, not much will change for me.
      May 5, 2020 1:30 PM MDT

Me too. I have ALWAYS BEEN A HOMEBODY. Always enjoyed solitude. Being retired frees me from being OBLIGATED to be anywhere for any reason. So life goes on somewhat adjusted for survival. No biggy. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      May 5, 2020 1:55 PM MDT

• I plan to live as I desire to live. Of course, we all know that this pandemic will forever be the grand excuse to curtail civil liberties and increase the control and manipulation of the masses, as well as increase the power of public officials to almost ridiculous levels. I'd rather take my chances and live life to the hilt, with all the dangers built in, than be under house arrest or surveillance from now on.
      May 5, 2020 2:43 PM MDT