Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » MEA CULPA! I admit it. I think Trump supporters must be from another planet, time,space,race. I cannot relate to them at all. Can you? How?

MEA CULPA! I admit it. I think Trump supporters must be from another planet, time,space,race. I cannot relate to them at all. Can you? How?

Posted - September 30, 2016

Responses

I use music to describe many things..  I'm reminded of a 60's doo-wop song: Jive Five - People From Another World - Early 60's Uptempo Doo-Wop..  I put them in that category..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXCCQD5-f8U

September 30, 2016 9:20 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Beans and the info. I am unfamiliar with the song but it certainly is relevant to my question. Happy Friday m'dear! :)
      September 30, 2016 9:34 AM MDT

• Well, it seems we have another phobia that the Libs think we need to add to the list of irrational fears. Homophobes, Islamaphobes, etc. What is the phobia that describes irrational phobias with "Trumpophobia now part of the national discussion. I'm no fan of Trump, as everyone knows, but I see this as more of a tactic to keep people from talking about the things that actually amount to something. Makes no difference what planet we're talking about people coming from, if Trump wasn't a candidate, whoever was in his place would be receiving the same "bogey man" treatment. That's the real beauty of it all. If Trump was a cheer leader for Clinton instead of a candidate himself, he'd be viewed by the left as a delightful eccentric who happens to be brash and outspoken, but committed and dedicated to all the right ideas. I've got to be honest, listening to all this hysteria is like listening to a replay of Orson Welles' "War of the Worlds" from 1938. As long as we're making interplanetary references.
      September 30, 2016 7:18 PM MDT

I like to think the supporters of most candidates have the same end results in mind... Jobs, just enough government, prosperity, a country they can be proud of, a place they'd like to leave to their children etc. We simply have differing ideas about how to create those results. I think when we begin discourse with this in mind, the benefit of the doubt, we start with common ground.
    This post was edited by ForkNdaRoad at October 2, 2016 1:15 PM MDT
      September 30, 2016 8:36 PM MDT