Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Racism is an INFECTION DISEASE THAT KILLS as others have. We extincted some. Why can't we make RACISM extinct?

Racism is an INFECTION DISEASE THAT KILLS as others have. We extincted some. Why can't we make RACISM extinct?

Is it in human DNA and therefore not extinguishable?

Posted - May 10, 2020

Responses

Racism, in varying forms and to various degrees, has been a plague on humanity for thousands of years. This should not be. Racism is about making quick judgments on the characteristics of a race to rate them as inferior or superior—demonstrating partiality or bias. Racism is a problem we can’t ignore or run away from.

Rather than telling Christians to ignore the discrimination against Gentiles, the Apostle Paul addressed it head-on: “There is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him” (Romans 10:12). If you don't believe in God or the Bible, the principle still stands. Racism is "not" an infectious disease but rather a matter of the heart and mind.

I was born and raised in the second-largest city in Michigan. There we had/have several different ethnicities. I was raised to respect "all" people. To this day, I still don't have a racist or biased bone in my body. How one is raised and taught has much to do with how we see the world. Racism is stupid and living in a racist society continues to make many people stupid. Mainstream media isn't helping the matter any by politicizing everything and playing the race card daily, thus adding more fuel to the fire.
      May 10, 2020 10:24 AM MDT