Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » California passed all mail-in voting because of the virus. But suddenly opens one in-person station at the last minute, now?

California passed all mail-in voting because of the virus. But suddenly opens one in-person station at the last minute, now?

During their stay at home order. 

Should they be allowed to change the way to vote in the middle of a special election?

Posted - May 11, 2020

Responses

No.  It's not fair.  California is notorious for changing the rules and making them hard to understand when it comes to voting.
    They play on confusing the general public.
    You seem to be doing the same!!

You are an impostor!

What did you do with "the real" my2cents?

Who are you??

May 11, 2020 8:23 AM MDT

It is me.  No rule changes.  (I do not have that authority)
    I just seen JA put a mask on her avatar so I thought I would "put a mask" on as well.
      May 11, 2020 10:00 AM MDT

Nothing done out there is OK.  It's a crappy and kooky state when it comes to politics and governing.  There is no reason to change voting because of the rona.  No ballot harvesting, no new mail in voting, no internet voting, no telephone voting.  People just need to take their ID and go to their prescribed polling place and cast their vote.   No boo hoo hoo I don't have a way to get there, I don't have an ID and can't afford one, it closes too early, it opens too late, I'm an idiot.  Well, go ahead and call yourself an idiot if you like.

Last week the Ninth Circuit (in San Fran) got a real chewing and lashing from the Supreme Court.  Unanimous.  I had a little faith restored. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at May 11, 2020 3:24 PM MDT
      May 11, 2020 10:56 AM MDT

I could not agree more.
      May 11, 2020 3:24 PM MDT

Nope! :)
      May 11, 2020 11:33 AM MDT

My initial thought was that it was adding options versus taking them away, so it makes sense. It wasn't until I came here and read the other answers that I realized it could encourage more voting for specific demographics and skew the results.

IDK... tough call. I think they probably should have had a couple in-person options available from the start. Not knowing details about how the new option was shared or who it might attract- if it does indeed offer one side an unfair advantage- I hesitate to make a judgment though. 
      May 11, 2020 2:31 PM MDT

Yes. From the start is fine.  Should not be changed in the middle of an election.
      May 11, 2020 3:22 PM MDT