Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » More than 15,000 human beings VOLUNTEER to be injected with Coronavirus. To find a vaccine. Would you?

More than 15,000 human beings VOLUNTEER to be injected with Coronavirus. To find a vaccine. Would you?

More than 100 virus projects are currently going on worldwide. A race to find a vaccine!  So many? Does that make the odds better the more the merrier?

Posted - May 11, 2020

Responses

No, I wouldn't.  There are too many possible side effects, and some are rather grim.

Just because so many are trying to find a vaccine doesn’t necessarily make the odds better.  Some may be on the same track (and that track could be wrong).  Some may be in such a rush that they skip certain “steps” which can lead to an erroneous dead end or a faulty vaccine.  Some may falsify outcomes just so they can be “first”.

May 11, 2020 9:38 AM MDT

That's precisely why I asked Shuhak. Whether more equals better odds of finding what you seek. Don't these have to be DUPLICATED by other research teams to legitimize them? Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 11, 2020 9:40 AM MDT

Results should be able to be duplicated, else it's a "false positive".  That's how theories work.
      May 11, 2020 9:56 AM MDT

IF getting the virus guaranteed you'd be immune to it in the future, I'd strongly consider it - since the odds of me dying are low, at this point.
    (so technically, even if a vaccine wasn't developed, I would be immune from it in the future)

Since current trends tend to show getting the virus doesn't make you immune to it in the future ... No, I wouldn't volunteer.

May 11, 2020 10:55 AM MDT