Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Athletes will all be masked and socially distanced playing to empty stands...no fans. Televised. TWILIGHT ZONE redux?

Athletes will all be masked and socially distanced playing to empty stands...no fans. Televised. TWILIGHT ZONE redux?

Posted - May 14, 2020

Responses

Certainly very weird - and I can't see them being able to perform well with a mask making it hard to breathe heavily. Unless the face-covering is for when off-pitch/ track.
      May 14, 2020 4:28 PM MDT

Maybe they won't be masked. I'm not sure. I think the athletes who are used to cheering crowds of fans in the stands will surely find the experience unsettling. Eerie and something out of a scifi movie. Like FIELD OF DREAMS before the outside world arrived. Not being a professional athlete I wonder how much affect/impact playing to empty seats will have on them? Or do they get all caught up in the game and become unaware of the surroundings? And then when fans do come back will they be socially distanced in the stands? Revenues will reduced. Will their paychecks follow suit? Thank you for your reply Durdle.
      May 15, 2020 2:54 AM MDT