Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » what does it mean if you have a mammagram and they call you back?

what does it mean if you have a mammagram and they call you back?

I was just getting my yearly mammagram and its just routine stuff, did it last friday and they just called me and asked me to come back on wed, cause they need to do it again on my left breast and also an ultrasound, do they think i have breast cancer, just wondered. not sure if i would want radiation or chemo, maybe surgery, im just like that, so what do you think is going on, i do have rashes on my left breast ive wondered about, they kind of look like pimples, but i wont find out till wed if theyre going to do more. any ideas?

Posted - May 18, 2020

Responses

It means go back and let them get a sonogram to be sure everything is OK.  I've been called back many times.

Do you really think anyone here knows why they called you back?
      May 18, 2020 4:36 PM MDT

Indeed. I'm amazed at what people think they can find out from randos on the Internet.
      May 18, 2020 4:45 PM MDT

20 years ago I was called back as well and it turned out to be nothing.  Be glad they are being so particular. 
      May 18, 2020 4:41 PM MDT

It means they seen something and they want to look at closer. 

I was called back last Oct. They did a sonogram to get a better look.  It was nothing. 

So don't worry yourself. It is not a guarentee something is wrong. Just be sure to go back and let them see what it is. 
      May 18, 2020 7:57 PM MDT

... maybe the tech likes you and wants to see you again. 
      May 19, 2020 2:33 PM MDT