Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » In Trump world where every woman who is overweight is Miss Piggy and every Latina is Miss Housekeeping what would your Trump title be?

In Trump world where every woman who is overweight is Miss Piggy and every Latina is Miss Housekeeping what would your Trump title be?

Posted - October 1, 2016

Responses

He should not have used those words.  
    But she should have kept she part of the contract as well.  When you enter into a beauty contest and win. You agree to keep yourself within certain weight and measurement guidelines which are specificed.  There are also personal behavior guidelines as well.  (Vanessa Williams was fired for this)
    Perhaps instead of trying to let her loose the weight he should have just let the owners fire her.  So people actually think calling people fat will make them loose weight (it is called fat shaming)...it does not. This post was edited by my2cents at October 1, 2016 11:36 AM MDT
      October 1, 2016 11:35 AM MDT

• Except there is no weight requirement/limit in beauty pageant clauses (USA or Universe).  It is merely an 'eye of the beholder' judgement.
      October 1, 2016 11:43 AM MDT

Well they wanted to fire her over it.
      October 1, 2016 12:38 PM MDT

• That's what fat-shaming is. It's discrimination.  There was no breach of contract.  They thought she got fat and wanted to fire her for being what they thought was fat.
      October 1, 2016 12:48 PM MDT

If it is not in the contract then they could not fire her.  But without actually seeing the contract who knows.  
      October 1, 2016 1:12 PM MDT

• https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/did-alicia-machado-breach-weight-clause-as-trump-campaign-claims-190821594.html

"Then came word from Trump campaign spokesperson Katrina Pierson, who said on The Kelly File on Tuesday: “We are talking about beauty pageants. These individuals who participate in these contests have a weight clause in their contract.”

"But according to various pageant experts — and the state pageant contract for 2009 Miss Universe Carrie Prejean — there is no such weight clause."

“[The contracts] do not say that,” Shanna Moakler, Miss USA 1994 and current executive director of Miss Nevada USA, tells Yahoo Beauty. (Miss USA is part of the Miss Universe pageant system.)

Moakler believes that Trump “was completely inappropriate” in his behavior and that Machado “was not upholding her image.” Nevertheless, she says, the contracts did and do not address issues of body size.

“They are all pretty much the same,” she says. “There is a morality clause to uphold a proper image (nudity, drinking, drugs) but nothing about weight gain.”

Pageant coach Valerie Hayes concurs, telling Yahoo Beauty, “No, pageants do not typically include any type of clause about maintaining their ‘winning’ look. They can cut their hair — [Miss America 2016] Betty Cantrell cut her hair after her win, went through most of her year with a chin-length bob, and got hair extensions to crown her successor — change their hair color, gain/lose weight, or even get a tattoo. There are no known clauses prohibiting changing their ‘look.’”"

October 1, 2016 1:19 PM MDT

"she says, the contracts did and do not address issues of body size."

How does DID and DO NOT work?  Perhaps they did in the past but do not now?
    Could the "proper image" clause be used to include wieght and other physical issues? This post was edited by my2cents at October 1, 2016 2:03 PM MDT
      October 1, 2016 2:01 PM MDT

Thanks char for providing so much detail of the backstory. I know we all appreciate it and you for doing so! Once again it is just Trump being Trump. I imagine this is as good as it gets with him. He is too old to change and wouldn't anyway since according to him he is perfect in every way! Oy vey!  :(
      October 2, 2016 2:55 AM MDT

Trump said she gained "55 lbs". She says she gained 12-15.  Why is he the one who is keeping this alive m2c? It is his insulting tweets about it and her that is promulgating this that is the problem. His last tweet was about some sex tape she allegedly is involved in/with. Where is it or he just lying again?  He is the problem. He can't let things go. He is obsessed with "getting back at". He can't help himself. He is not in control. He is in a constant state of hissy fit . In my opinion of  course. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 2, 2016 2:52 AM MDT

Well if there is a bar in Trump World my title would be "Trippy". Because sometimes when I'm in a bar trying to enjoy myself and I notice a guy being a pig to the female patrons I'l wait until they walk by me then nonchalantly stick my foot out and trip them. Then I'll pretend to be polite and say - oopsy or hey I think the galls like you now because there laughing at you. Cheers and happy weekend!
      October 1, 2016 11:40 AM MDT

How delightful Nanoose! What a great way to bring a**holes to their  knees...trip them so they all fall down and go "BOOM"! Good for you! You are very resourceful m'dear. I applaud you for it! Thank you for sharing that and Happy Sunday to you! :)
      October 2, 2016 2:30 AM MDT

In his world I'd say "Silly Girl" because I live in the moment. .. enjoy what I have... love to smile... and I don't need fake hair or tons of money to be happy... that's something he will never understand. .. 
      October 1, 2016 11:54 AM MDT

If that's "silly" then I want some ilithyia! All we have is now. If we don't live in the now we never live at all. We just exist. I smile too and I'm a hugger as well.  I tried fake hair once years ago and I didn't like it. It was not me so I never tried it again! Tons of money?  I'm very happy without it but I don't mind telling you if it were easily and legally available I wouldn't mind trying it out. I don't think it would make me happier though. Thank you for your nifty answer and Happy Sunday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 2, 2016 2:44 AM MDT
      October 2, 2016 2:33 AM MDT

• I'd call him Mr Trumpet.
    He so loves to blow his own bugle.
      October 2, 2016 2:35 AM MDT

What would Mr. Trumpet likely call you hartfire? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      October 2, 2016 2:58 AM MDT

Mr. Spock.  Yeah.  I'm going with Mr. Spock. :-)
      October 2, 2016 2:43 AM MDT

Nice. If I were a guy I'd wanna be "Yoda" but I'm an old dame so I'm guessing Trump would give me some old dame name like "grayhair". I could live with that. I'm not fat so he couldn't get me that way. I don't wear makeup so he could call me "plainface". Whatever. Thank you for your reply Tq and Happy Sunday to you. Or he could call me "plainface grayhair longhair ". I have long hair which I wear pulled back with a clip. 
      October 2, 2016 3:03 AM MDT

I don't set out to label people in a uniquely and personally offensive way, so you're safe with me no matter what you look like.

...Oh, and I used to be fat, so I guess he could call me larda$$ or erstwhile larda$$...no, wait.  Strike that. Trump prolly doesn't know what erstwhile means. :-)
      October 2, 2016 3:07 AM MDT

I used to have a weight problem when I was younger Tq but somewhere around my mid-30's it just resolved itself. I'm 5' 6" and weigh about 123. Not a skinny minny to be sure but not fat either. So he can't attack me on that. Well then again he could. I am not stacked! Ya know as we get older gravity takes over and pulls everything down. I label people all the time m'dear. Some of the labels I enjoy are "kind, smart, funny, helpful, thoughtful, knowledgeable, patient...". I don't understand why people are so anti-labels. There are some that are uplifting and complimentary and genuinely sincerely admirable. Just my opinion of course.  Thank you for your reply GJ! :)
      October 2, 2016 3:33 AM MDT