Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Parents: for those of you who are now or have ever been married to your children’s other parent, which was more daunting for you, the

Parents: for those of you who are now or have ever been married to your children’s other parent, which was more daunting for you, the

realities of married life, or the realities of parenting?

~

Posted - May 19, 2020

Responses

Parenting, by a Texas mile. 
      May 19, 2020 8:21 PM MDT

I wasn't daunted by either.  My eyes were wide open about both.  I know that my children were supposed to be born.  I said this before on this site.  I was on the pill both times I conceived.  I can't imagine my life with out my girls.  But I know that I would never have come to a place saying "I want to get off of contraception and have a baby."  I loved my life with my husband...just the two of us.  But, I never felt regret for having my children.   The love for a baby is overwhelming as is the responsibility.   You really do change.

Well, some people today seem to be made of flesh and evil but that is another topic. 
      May 20, 2020 2:22 PM MDT

Marriage, for sure. Learning that being married doesn't mean your "partner" will take any of the work, childcare duties, etc., was a tough lesson to learn, but not as tough as finding out that being married also makes you responsible for your spouse's debts, whether you're even aware of them or contributed to them or not. 
      May 21, 2020 6:31 PM MDT