Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which ethnic group has the most independent self-reliant members in your opinion? Which ethnic group is most not?

Which ethnic group has the most independent self-reliant members in your opinion? Which ethnic group is most not?

Posted - May 21, 2020

Responses

Hmmmmm ... as a percentage of their population in the US, I would guess the most "self reliant" would be Hispanics or Asians.
    Unless we define "self reliant" to not even include members of your community voluntarily giving help/support - as opposed to meaning relying on government assistance.

By including government assistance, such as Social Security and Medicare, I would say whites are probably the least "self reliant" group.
      May 21, 2020 3:10 PM MDT

I agree with thee Walt. I think ethnic minorities have it hands down over "whites" who tend to be lazy graspy grabby indolent and roll over very easily rather than stand their ground and fight for what is right. Which particular ethnic group is hard to say. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      May 22, 2020 5:18 AM MDT

Rosie, you seem to gravitate toward sweeping generalizations and painting all members of a given group with a broad brush, but how would we even begin to analyze such a thing and based on what data? Have you thought about that?
      May 21, 2020 3:34 PM MDT