Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Any QAnoner's here?

Any QAnoner's here?

At its heart, QAnon supporters believe that a secretive network of deep state government officials, Democratic politicians, and liberal elites are running an international pedophile ring and conspiring to bring down President Trump because he’s close to bringing them to justice.

Posted - May 22, 2020

Responses

Far right-wing nutjobs who curiously ignore the documented pedophilia in their own ranks, a la the Catholic church. Where is their outrage there?

Conspiracy theorists need affirmation and fellowship, probably more than sane people, so is it a mere coincidence that they coagulate around the world’s most prominent agent of division, deceit and alternate reality, Donald Trump? I for one, think not. He needs them at least as badly as they need him. 

I am considering marketing MAGA branded tinfoil hats to make a few bucks off the hysteria. Bad idea? 

May 22, 2020 10:15 AM MDT

Of all the things this comment reminded me of is "cheese"---more specifically the general principle that if you pull some hard cheese out of the refrigerator with mold on it, it's (generally) safe to cut off the mold and eat the rest; on the other hand, if it's soft cheese, the risk is that the mold has infiltrated the cheese completely, but not evidently, and therefore it is best to throw that cheese away.

But in their defense, and without approving their methods, but with full agreement of their goal, I would have to agree---as Trump would say---might say, that there are good people who are members of QAnon.
      May 22, 2020 11:06 AM MDT

I’d agree there is a spectrum of personal adherence to any ideology; but something so intrinsically biased and dubiously based as partisan conspiracies that essentially invent animus is a virtual trip down the path of sociopathy. Nothing better to do? 

As always, I suggest the evidence be examined. In any case pushed by any extreme faction, we need to consider the source. With the extreme far right, their long history of supporting causes like slavery, racism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, misogyny, the dilution of science and distorting historical facts are public record. What credibility do they present? Aligning in lockstep with His Orangeness certainly casts a more than reasonable strike against these claims, IMHO.   

Soft cheese, Tom; long crusted over, foul and inedible. 

May 22, 2020 12:51 PM MDT

Excellent narrative; dynamite visual.
      May 22, 2020 12:53 PM MDT

Good to “see” you again, my friend. 
      May 22, 2020 12:57 PM MDT

Same here---I am occasionally flummoxed by the requirement that error and accuracy require similar (positive) respect for no other reason that they are they are opinions; and I occasionally apparently drift over a certain line.

I shall endeavor to persevere...

May 22, 2020 1:04 PM MDT

I don't believe Catholics are traditionally right-wingers. While they are anti-abortion, they also are pacifist and anti-capital punishment. Many prominent Catholic politicians, from Al Smith to the Kennedys to the Cuomos (Andrew even married a Kennedy), have been Democrats. Joe McCarthy was a Republican, but he was a political ally of the Kennedys.
      May 22, 2020 1:19 PM MDT

Agreed, Stu. I don’t like to lump people together in broad generalities, there are a range of positions held within any group. 

But the point here is that there is no apparent bother made toward what we know of well-known Catholic pedophilia by this far-right sect composed primarily of fellow Christians. 

May 22, 2020 2:08 PM MDT

I doubt if any are here.  If they started spouting stuff like they they would get called on it and likely could not follow our respect rules here in their responses. 

That is craziness. This post was edited by my2cents at May 22, 2020 4:57 PM MDT
      May 22, 2020 1:37 PM MDT