Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For Y'all. Those with kids. Gonna send 'em off to school NO WORRIES right? When does school larnin' resume?

For Y'all. Those with kids. Gonna send 'em off to school NO WORRIES right? When does school larnin' resume?

Posted - May 28, 2020

Responses

School resumes here on August 19th.  Good luck getting kids to stay 6’ away from each other.   Downright impossible!  Between September 1st and 15th the annual lice outbreak will hit.  Then by mid-October, over half the country will be sick with something (cold, flu).  Schools are really good places for spreading diseases.  Kids get bugs from other kids and then bring it home to their parents.  Parents then go to work, shop, and get gasoline (even while sick), thereby spreading their sickness to everyone else.  Then comes the holidays where many travel and spread their germs even further (‘tis the time for giving).  They’ll be packed into stores (barely staying 1” apart), sniffling and sneezing.  This year they, however, along with the other “normal” colds and flu they’ll be spreading COVID-19.  Oh, joy!

May 28, 2020 1:12 PM MDT

You paint an excellent word picture m'dear. Or rather you weave a very detailed tapestry of what's to come.

I'm so grateful we have no grandkids in school. They're all grown. I do worry about all those children whose parents have no worries at all. What will be the inevitable outcome seems to be of no concern to them. You know what? I just thought of another question I'm going to ask but I'm showing it to you first. "I wonder if any of the anti-vaccine parents who REFUSE to let their kids be protected from disease are among those who are wanting their kids to go back to school?" Words to that effect. They REFUSE to allow protection but have no problem throwing them into a cavern filled with poisonous snakes. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer. Poor kids. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak. This post was edited by RosieG at May 29, 2020 9:53 AM MDT
      May 29, 2020 2:30 AM MDT