Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you METICULOUS about getting the flu vaccine every year? Will you be likewise meticulous about getting the COVID 19 vaccine?

Are you METICULOUS about getting the flu vaccine every year? Will you be likewise meticulous about getting the COVID 19 vaccine?

Posted - May 29, 2020

Responses

You bet I am.  

The COVID vaccine will probably be mixed in with the regular yearly flu shot (assuming it isn’t a one-time virus).

May 29, 2020 12:22 PM MDT

I know the flu changes from one strain to another and the powers that be are always trying to get ahead of it which is hard when they can't predict how it will morph. I wonder if the Covid 19 virus will also keep changing? Well we will get whatever our Kaiser Doc tells to get. Thank you for your reply Shuhak!
      May 31, 2020 2:21 AM MDT

Yes, it will change (mutate).  That's what viruses do to survive.  Hopefully, its next mutation won't be so deadly.
      May 31, 2020 11:48 AM MDT

Hopefully. There is less hope today than there used to be isn't there Shuhak? Or is it just my imagination? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply. Does everything always mutate over time or do things remain the same? I shall ask that too?
      June 1, 2020 2:13 AM MDT

No don't do drugs. 
      May 29, 2020 12:23 PM MDT

Really? So if you were diabetic you would refuse insulin then? Rather die than live? Different strokes for different folks og. I'm gonna see if others are like you who would refuse life-saving "drugs". Ya never know. you might have millions of likeminded thinkers. Good luck with that. Thank you for your reply.
      May 31, 2020 2:22 AM MDT

The way I think drugs , whatever good they might be capable of doing, also serve to weaken our immune systems and so make us more vulnerable to every virus and plague that come around the corner.  Which is why I have chosen to go with just healthy living - exercise, fresh air, healthy grains and vegetable, enough sleep, enthusiastic work, social activities. Doctors always seem to want to sell us operations and drugs because it seems that is where they make their most money. 
      June 1, 2020 9:26 AM MDT