Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » When was the last time an American police station was destroyed?

When was the last time an American police station was destroyed?

Listening to the news about "protesters" burning down the police station in Minneapolis, got me wondering when the last time something similar happened.

I can't think of an instance in my lifetime.

The last incident I know of, happened in 1946.
When the WW2 veterans used firearms and dynamite, laying siege to the police station, to protect a fair election.

I also wonder how many criminals will go free, because the evidence was destroyed in the fire?
Will there be any outrage from victims, as there has (rightly) been when police destroy evidence before any trial?

Posted - May 29, 2020

Responses

They’re not protesters, they‘re criminals.  They’re just using "protesting" as an excuse to be a-holes.  How does burning down a police station help in a protest?  It does NOT!

May 29, 2020 1:06 PM MDT

What happened to all the things in the evidence room, all the firearms, records of prisoners?  Wonder how many wil be released or never go to trial because of this. 

May 29, 2020 1:28 PM MDT

After "when the looting start, the shooting start" it was to be expected. Trump is so full of great ideas. It is no wonder criminals follow his suggestions.
      June 1, 2020 10:18 AM MDT

That is how it works...the criminals start to steal/destroy property and they bring their guns as well.....and it is the course taken during these things long before Trump ever evrn thought of being a politican.
      June 1, 2020 10:24 AM MDT

no idea
      June 22, 2020 3:42 PM MDT