Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Teargas was used against Peaceful Protesters as if they were annoying insects to be gotten rid of. It worked! Do it again then?

Teargas was used against Peaceful Protesters as if they were annoying insects to be gotten rid of. It worked! Do it again then?

Posted - June 3, 2020

Responses

1. Pepper ball not tear gas

2. They were expanding the perimeter of the White House. 

3. They told people 3-4 times to clear the road.....the people refused. How do you suppose they should have gotten it clear? Pepper Balls are the least lethal tool in the bag for people for refuse to listen.

4. Reports are they were not being peaceful that is why AG Barr ordered the perimeter enlarged that morning.  When he returned it had not been done. Something was thrown at him.  People even trying to grab officers guns.  He gave the order to get it done.  This post was edited by my2cents at June 3, 2020 8:45 AM MDT
      June 3, 2020 6:18 AM MDT

I'm gonna have to disagree with my2cents.

It's a clear violation of the First Amendment.
    The President's wish to walk across the street, does not take precedent to the First Amendment's "right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Unfortunately, violating this Right - in the very seat of federal government, no less - goes back to President George Washington, who used federal troops against veterans.
      June 3, 2020 6:55 AM MDT

Thank you for a VERY informative reply Walt. That thing about George Washington shocks me. I did not KNOW that about him.Using FEDERAL troops against VETERANS? What did they do? Try to assassinate him?  AS for donjohnchump he is above the law so whatever he does is not a violation of anything according to him his fake AG  liddlebillybarrroycohn and all the adoring worshippers who continue to defend him for the indefensible. Happy Wednesday Walt. Things still okay for you and your family healthywise, right? :)
      June 3, 2020 7:42 AM MDT

From what I read:
    It was after the Revolutionary War, and some veterans had gathered to demand they be paid the bonuses promised them.
    When they did not decamp peacefully as ordered, federal troops were sent to break down the encampment.
      June 3, 2020 9:09 AM MDT

SIGH. Geez Walt are all our "heros" born with clay feet? Using force instead of peaceful conversation seems to be the first resort not the last. Why is that? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 4, 2020 4:40 AM MDT