Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Were you comforted or dis when you saw a heavy military presence in our streets ostensibly to "keep the peace"?

Were you comforted or dis when you saw a heavy military presence in our streets ostensibly to "keep the peace"?

Did it make you feel "safer" or did it scare the stuffing outta ya?

Did it look like YOUR country or one of those foreign countries with despot dictators threatening their own citizens with gawd knows what weapons to "keep them in line"? Divine fine sublime or a crime?

Posted - June 8, 2020

Responses

It just shows how close to a dictatorship this country is becoming.

June 8, 2020 9:52 AM MDT

Aren't we there? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. The fact that ANY MILITARY ANYONE rolled over for tumbleweed shocks me. :(
      June 8, 2020 10:34 AM MDT

I cannot understand why so many people refuse to see that we are indeed already there." 

"Dictatorships are often characterized by some of the following: suspension of elections and civil liberties; proclamation of a state of emergency; rule by decree; repression of political opponents; not abiding by the rule of law procedures, and cult of personality." - Wikipedia

June 8, 2020 3:03 PM MDT

It could be they are all very dull knives or they are all short a few cards in their "decks". I have no idea how anyone cannot see tumbleweed for the hitler he is. But all I have to go with is my brain. I wish I could look inside theirs to see what miswiring occurred because surely their brains are not wired correctly. NO QC department apparently when they were conceived concepted. I mean that sincerely. Not that I am all that smart. It is rather that they are all that un. Birds of flocks are feathered together after all. Maybe one day when we reach the great beyond all will be explained and understood. Thank you for your reply! Puzzled are we and continue to be. For how long? That is also another unknown! :(
      June 9, 2020 2:53 PM MDT

People don't change.  At first, I believe many Germans welcomed Hitler thinking he would be their savior.  What he got them was a bankrupt economy, a bombed-out country that was divided and under the control of foreign governments.

June 9, 2020 4:11 PM MDT

They didn't object to his evil being evil doing and crackpot brain? As long as he was doing right by them they didn't complain? The same people here today thinking tumbleweed is OK. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Wednesday! :)
      June 10, 2020 1:35 AM MDT

We did not have military presence.  We did not have rioting.  We had peaceful protests.   

So we did not need them.  If they were needed, I would be comforted knowing they were helping....IF they were actually allowed to help.
      June 9, 2020 3:23 PM MDT